Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Getting Started(Basic program)
icon5.gif  Getting Started [message #1715752] Wed, 25 November 2015 16:46 Go to next message
Aswini Kumar is currently offline Aswini KumarFriend
Hello,

I'm using eclipse for the first time and if please anyone can tell me where i go wrong in compiling, debugging and executing the programs?

I did install the gcc from equation.com and i did change all the preferences in eclipse and i downloaded it from eclipse.org setting (image 3 and image 4)

and i did the test run on eclipse for C it went good showed me the result (image 1)
for the next program i did its causing errors, i don't know what it is (image 2). I'm a beginner in C.

I just don't understand what mistake I've done or don't know how to run eclipse, please help to run or install from scratch and guide me to make my first C program ( a bit complex one) in eclipse,..

please help,
Thank you
  • Attachment: image 1.jpg
    (Size: 162.38KB, Downloaded 101 times)
  • Attachment: image 2.jpg
    (Size: 206.41KB, Downloaded 99 times)
  • Attachment: image 3.jpg
    (Size: 238.10KB, Downloaded 109 times)
  • Attachment: Image 4.jpg
    (Size: 237.11KB, Downloaded 98 times)
Re: Getting Started [message #1715768 is a reply to message #1715752] Wed, 25 November 2015 22:36 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
The second image is showing a loader error. Something (a function) is missing. Can't say what because you have scrolled to the bottom of the build log but it has something to do with collect2.exe.

Which program are you trying to run? Two projects are showing error flags: Manual Test and Average. There is an Problem/Error View which will tell you more specifically what the errors are, It's the first tab in the bottom pane.

The message box is saying the error is in a project that is linked to the project you are trying to run. Linked in the sense that you've told eclipse they are linked. See

Project ==> Properties ==> Resource ==> Linked Resources and click on the Linked Resources tab.

I think you will find they are all linked. If they shouldn't be then unselect them or simply ignore the message and continue.

Previous Topic:gdb server for eclipse
Next Topic:Resources to Learn Functional Programming in C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:18:44 GMT 2024