Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Recursive Creation of Nodes/Containers(How to create nodes inside nodes for multiple times ...)
Recursive Creation of Nodes/Containers [message #1715634] Tue, 24 November 2015 19:57 Go to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hi Community,

I got a Q for you ! Suppose that we have a StateMachine, which has regions and each region has states and each state has regions and again each region has states and go for ever !!!

There might be infinite number of regions.states.regions.states.regions.states.soOn!

How can we do this in Sirius ? I could do by creating a container for the first state, then a region container in that state container. But this is only for two levels, and seems to be stupid to go to infinite inner container !
Is there a way to do it recursively ?

Thanks,
Bests.
Parsa
Re: Recursive Creation of Nodes/Containers [message #1715648 is a reply to message #1715634] Wed, 25 November 2015 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Scott is currently offline Robert ScottFriend
No Message Body
Re: Recursive Creation of Nodes/Containers [message #1715649 is a reply to message #1715648] Wed, 25 November 2015 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Scott is currently offline Robert ScottFriend
There is an import tab on the properties view of the container. Importing either the self-same container or the an ancestor of the container creates a recursive definition.
Re: Recursive Creation of Nodes/Containers [message #1715651 is a reply to message #1715649] Wed, 25 November 2015 02:54 Go to previous message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hi Robert,
Thanks for your reply. I tried to use import, but I guess I was importing the wrong node! I'll try to import the self container and let you know what goes on Smile

Thanks,
Best,
Parsa
Previous Topic:Dynamic tree
Next Topic:Generic tool does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:01:01 GMT 2024