Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Problem migrating Indigo to Mars(Problem with 3.x RCP on Mars)
Problem migrating Indigo to Mars [message #1715631] Tue, 24 November 2015 19:31 Go to next message
Dave King is currently offline Dave KingFriend
Hi all,

Newcomers forum referred me to your group.

I'm trying to get onto Mars but am unable to make following Indigo solution work,

public class WindowAdvisor extends WorkbenchWindowAdvisor {
@Override
public void preWindowOpen() {
IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer configurer = getWindowConfigurer();
configurer.setInitialSize(new Point(0, 0));
configurer.setShellStyle(0);
}
}

public class BenchAdvisor extends WorkbenchAdvisor {
@Override
public void eventLoopIdle(Display display) {
MyWizardDialog dialog = windowAdvisor.getDialog();
dialog.open();
}
}

The GUI for this app is just a WizardDialog. We needed proper workbench window in order to have slick splash + progress bar startup and taskbar icon. Indigo solution just set workbench window size to zero so user only saw the dialog.

I have tried variations on Mars but cannot eliminate the upper trim of workbench window and/or prevent it flashing when trying shell.setSize(0,0) later in the startup sequence.

Is there an easy way to do this in Mars using 3.x RCP? I had an E4 prototype when Kepler first appeared, it set visible = false for workbench window, but hesitated adding the new technology without more testing.

Let me know what you recommend.

Regards,
Dave.
Re: Problem migrating Indigo to Mars [message #1716183 is a reply to message #1715631] Wed, 02 December 2015 01:22 Go to previous message
Dave King is currently offline Dave KingFriend
For any future readers, Patrick Paulin helped me decouple tools from target so using latest eclipse and java should no longer be an issue and we can now work on e3-to-e4. Thanks all.

See http://www.modumind.com/eclipse-rcp-best-practices/ if interested in more info.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2015 13:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Installer Question
Next Topic:Shortcut to external tools?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:07:02 GMT 2024