Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types
Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1715587] Tue, 24 November 2015 13:52 Go to next message
Denis Nikiforov is currently offline Denis NikiforovFriend
Hi

I have a custom DateType in my Ecore model. The values of this type can be converted to and from string.

In Java I can write something like this:

EcoreUtil.createFromString(CommonPackage.eINSTANCE.getDateType(), '2015-11-24')

Is it possible to let QVTo implicitly convert string literals of the form '2015-11-24' into instances of DateType? Or I have to use blackbox-library to create instances of my data type? Or I can use EcoreUtil from QVTo?
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1715606 is a reply to message #1715587] Tue, 24 November 2015 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
HI

One might hope that new DateType(string) would use the Ecore

XXXFactoryImpl.createDateTypeFromString(EDataType eDataType, String
initialValue)

If it doesn't, please raise a bug.

The in-progress support for shadow object construction (side effect-free
type construction) in OCL should provide this too.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 24/11/2015 13:53, Denis Nikiforov wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a custom DateType in my Ecore model. The values of this type
> can be converted to and from string.
>
> In Java I can write something like this:
>
> EcoreUtil.createFromString(CommonPackage.eINSTANCE.getDateType(),
> '2015-11-24')
>
> Is it possible to let QVTo implicitly convert string literals of the
> form '2015-11-24' into instances of DateType? Or I have to use
> blackbox-library to create instances of my data type? Or I can use
> EcoreUtil from QVTo?
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1715658 is a reply to message #1715606] Wed, 25 November 2015 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks!

I didn't thought that it's so simple. The following code works fine for me:
    object SQL::_literal::DateLiteral {
    	value := new SQL::common::DateType('2011-01-01');
    };

I don't understand how to use shdow object creation, becase EDataTypes doesn't has attributes:
    object SQL::_literal::DateLiteral {
        value := SQL::common::DateType{ ??? = '2011-01-01' };
    };
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1715689 is a reply to message #1715658] Wed, 25 November 2015 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Shadow Datatype construction will allow a single String argument.

let value = SQL::common::DateType{ '2011-01-01' } in ...

Once this is in place, the 'new' in QVTo is redundant/confusing for
DataTypes.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 25/11/2015 06:21, Denis Nikiforov wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I didn't thought that it's so simple. The following code works fine
> for me:
> object SQL::_literal::DateLiteral {
> value := new SQL::common::DateType('2011-01-01');
> };
>
> I don't understand how to use shdow object creation, becase EDataTypes
> doesn't has attributes:
> object SQL::_literal::DateLiteral {
> value := SQL::common::DateType{ ??? = '2011-01-01' };
> };
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1716834 is a reply to message #1715689] Tue, 08 December 2015 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

It seems that new operator doesn't work:

modeltype ECORE uses 'http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore'; 

transformation NewTransformation();

main() {
    new ECORE::EString('test');
}

I get the following exception:

[QVTO Stack trace:]
	at NewTransformation::main(NewTransformation.qvto:6)
[Java cause:]
org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtRuntimeException: Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@6c430548 (name: EString) (instanceClassName: java.lang.String) (serializable: true)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.ast.env.QvtOperationalEvaluationEnv.createInstance(QvtOperationalEvaluationEnv.java:568)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.createInstance(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:2514)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitInstantiationExp(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:975)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.visitInstantiationExp(QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.java:387)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.ecore.ImperativeOCL.impl.InstantiationExpImpl.accept(InstantiationExpImpl.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitExpression(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:419)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitOperationBody(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1169)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitEntryOperation(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:496)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.visitEntryOperation(QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.java:461)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.expressions.impl.EntryOperationImpl.accept(EntryOperationImpl.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.executeImperativeOperation(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1968)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.runMainEntry(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:2569)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl$1.invoke(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1070)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl$1.invoke(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.doVisitTransformation(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1096)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitModule(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:878)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.visitModule(QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.java:372)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.expressions.impl.ModuleImpl.accept(ModuleImpl.java:632)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.execute(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:866)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTODebugEvaluator$DebugInterceptor.execute(QVTODebugEvaluator.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.InternalTransformationExecutor.doExecute(InternalTransformationExecutor.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.InternalTransformationExecutor.execute(InternalTransformationExecutor.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.TransformationRunner.execute(TransformationRunner.java:189)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.app.DebugTransformationRunner$2.execute(DebugTransformationRunner.java:111)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTOVirtualMachine.execute(QVTOVirtualMachine.java:262)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTOVirtualMachine.access$11(QVTOVirtualMachine.java:259)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTOVirtualMachine$1.run(QVTOVirtualMachine.java:249)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Diagnostic ERROR source=org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.execution code=120: Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@6c430548 (name: EString) (instanceClassName: java.lang.String) (serializable: true) data=[org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtRuntimeException: Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@6c430548 (name: EString) (instanceClassName: java.lang.String) (serializable: true)]
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1716841 is a reply to message #1716834] Tue, 08 December 2015 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

You reported that your earlier example worked; it had an appropriate
target type.

This example has no target, so no clue that a non-class is acceptable.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 08/12/2015 05:02, Denis Nikiforov wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that new operator doesn't work:
>
> modeltype ECORE uses 'http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore';
> transformation NewTransformation();
>
> main() {
> new ECORE::EString('test');
> }
>
> I get the following exception:
>
> [QVTO Stack trace:]
> at NewTransformation::main(NewTransformation.qvto:6)
> [Java cause:]
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtRuntimeException: Expected
> EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@6c430548 (name:
> EString) (instanceClassName: java.lang.String) (serializable: true)
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.ast.env.QvtOperationalEvaluationEnv.createInstance(QvtOperationalEvaluationEnv.java:568)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.createInstance(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:2514)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitInstantiationExp(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:975)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.visitInstantiationExp(QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.java:387)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.ecore.ImperativeOCL.impl.InstantiationExpImpl.accept(InstantiationExpImpl.java:291)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitExpression(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:419)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitOperationBody(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1169)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitEntryOperation(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:496)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.visitEntryOperation(QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.java:461)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.expressions.impl.EntryOperationImpl.accept(EntryOperationImpl.java:67)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.executeImperativeOperation(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1968)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.runMainEntry(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:2569)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl$1.invoke(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1070)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl$1.invoke(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.doVisitTransformation(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:1096)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.visitModule(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:878)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.visitModule(QvtGenericEvaluationVisitor.java:372)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.expressions.impl.ModuleImpl.accept(ModuleImpl.java:632)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.execute(QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitorImpl.java:866)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTODebugEvaluator$DebugInterceptor.execute(QVTODebugEvaluator.java:488)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.InternalTransformationExecutor.doExecute(InternalTransformationExecutor.java:236)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.InternalTransformationExecutor.execute(InternalTransformationExecutor.java:203)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.TransformationRunner.execute(TransformationRunner.java:189)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.app.DebugTransformationRunner$2.execute(DebugTransformationRunner.java:111)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTOVirtualMachine.execute(QVTOVirtualMachine.java:262)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTOVirtualMachine.access$11(QVTOVirtualMachine.java:259)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core.vm.QVTOVirtualMachine$1.run(QVTOVirtualMachine.java:249)
>
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Diagnostic ERROR source=org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.execution code=120:
> Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@6c430548
> (name: EString) (instanceClassName: java.lang.String) (serializable:
> true)
> data=[org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.evaluator.QvtRuntimeException:
> Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl@6c430548
> (name: EString) (instanceClassName: java.lang.String) (serializable: true)]
>
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1716931 is a reply to message #1716841] Wed, 09 December 2015 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Two weeks ago I developed my metamodel. It was important for me whether to use Ecore primitive type or to create a custom one.

QVTo-transformation was syntactically valid, so I guessed that new operator works. I didn't run it Sad

But now, I've started to write real QVTo transformation.

Here is another example with 4 test cases:
modeltype ECORE uses 'http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore';

transformation NewTransformation();

main() {
    // Validation error: Can't instantiate type '<null>'
    var a := new ECORE::EString('test');

// Validation error: Can't instantiate type '<null>'
    var b : ECORE::EString := new ECORE::EString('test');

// Runtime exception: Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl
    var c : ECORE::EString;
    c := new ECORE::EString('test');

// Runtime exception: Expected EClass, got org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl
    object EClass {
    	name := new ECORE::EString('test');
    };
}

1 and 2 gives error at design time. 3 and 4 causes a runtime exception.
Re: Implicit conversion of string literals into instances of custom data types [message #1716999 is a reply to message #1716931] Wed, 09 December 2015 14:29 Go to previous message
Hi

Thanks for the repro.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=484020

Regards

Ed Willink

On 08/12/2015 22:34, Denis Nikiforov wrote:
> Here is another example with 4 test cases:
> modeltype ECORE uses 'http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore';
>
> transformation NewTransformation();
>
> main() {
> // Validation error: Can't instantiate type '<null>'
> var a := new ECORE::EString('test');
>
> // Validation error: Can't instantiate type '<null>'
> var b : ECORE::EString := new ECORE::EString('test');
> // Runtime exception: Expected EClass, got
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl
> var c : ECORE::EString;
> c := new ECORE::EString('test');
>
> // Runtime exception: Expected EClass, got
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EDataTypeImpl
> object EClass {
> name := new ECORE::EString('test');
> };
> }
>
>
> 1 and 2 gives error at design time. 3 and 4 causes a runtime exception.
Previous Topic:bpmn2uml
Next Topic:QVTo Trace Editor doesn't show properties of elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:39:56 GMT 2024