Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Gemini JPA 1.2 release and project activity
Gemini JPA 1.2 release and project activity [message #1715275] Fri, 20 November 2015 18:30 Go to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
What is the state of this project. The 1.2.0 release was scheduled for 2013-09-06 but it was never released. In the project overview you can also see that there was not activity in the last 12 months and questions in the forum regarding Gemini JPA are not answered.

I wonder if it is save to use a project with no activity for years. Any statements from the project team or the PMC?
Re: Gemini JPA 1.2 release and project activity [message #1716013 is a reply to message #1715275] Mon, 30 November 2015 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
Dirk,

It is true that not much development has happened on the project over the last couple of years, but questions have always been answered as best as we can answer them. Are there some specific questions that you had that were not answered?
Re: Gemini JPA 1.2 release and project activity [message #1716590 is a reply to message #1716013] Sat, 05 December 2015 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
What about the question about the release of version 1.2? That question was raised multiple times over the years and never answered.

Re: Gemini JPA 1.2 release and project activity [message #1716622 is a reply to message #1716590] Sun, 06 December 2015 15:36 Go to previous message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
We have always answered questions as best we can, as they get posted. I have to admit, though, that sometimes I forget to click the button that notifies me of new posts on old threads. Some of those might have gotten missed. As I look back I do see some a while back that I never got notified about.

Than answer is that I would have liked to release 1.2 a while back but have been on an entirely different kind of cloud project at work for the last 2 years that is taking every waking minute and leaving no time for my open source work. It might be time to just pass the torch to someone who is still involved in this area and has an interest in keeping this going.
Previous Topic:[Gemini Blueprint] Testing Eclipse Plugin Projects
Next Topic:ClassLoader Problem after switching to Java 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:05:19 GMT 2024