Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Activity Diagram bugs/questions
Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1715252] Fri, 20 November 2015 15:03 Go to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Validation of my model reported an error with an Object Flow on an Activity diagram. When I selected the object flow and look at the SysML properties, I noticed that the properties are all duplicated.

That is the bug. Now the questions.

The validation error is "The required feature 'sysml:activities:Rate:rate' of Continuous must be set. I have a stereotype of <<Continuous>> so that should set the rate, no? When I select the ellipsis button next to the Rate property it brings up an empty dialog window and there does not seem to be a way to add anything.

The next question is straight forward. How do I get the icon for a CallBehaviorAction as shown in para 11.3.1.2 of the SysML 1.4 spec. to display? I can't find any property or display filter to do it.

Last question is: How can I hide the name of the InitialNode or ActivityFinalNode without deleting the name? This question also applies to StateMachine diagrams.

This with SysML 1.4 v0.7.0.201509161524.
Thanks,
Steve
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1715440 is a reply to message #1715252] Mon, 23 November 2015 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Hi Stephen,

First: If you're trying/insisting Smile to use the (in-progress) SysML 1.4 editors, I suggest to use the nightly build update site. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=472801

Stephen Blackwell wrote on Fri, 20 November 2015 10:03
Validation of my model reported an error with an Object Flow on an Activity diagram. When I selected the object flow and look at the SysML properties, I noticed that the properties are all duplicated.

That is the bug.

I can confirm this. More specifically: this only happens when a SysML specific stereotype is set. Could you file a bug report for this?

Quote:

Now the questions.

The validation error is "The required feature 'sysml:activities:Rate:rate' of Continuous must be set. I have a stereotype of <<Continuous>> so that should set the rate, no? When I select the ellipsis button next to the Rate property it brings up an empty dialog window and there does not seem to be a way to add anything.

This is an interesting one. For Rate, the spec says
From Spec

When the «rate» stereotype is applied to an activity edge, it specifies the expected value of the number of objects and values that traverse the edge per time interval, that is, the expected value rate at which they leave the source node and arrive at the target node. ...
The «rate» stereotype has a rate property of type InstanceSpecification. The values of this property must be instances of classifiers stereotyped by «valueType» or «distributionDefinition», see Clause 8, "Blocks." In particular, the denominator for units used in the rate property must be time units.

From Spec

Continuous rate is a special case of rate of flow (see Rate) where the increment of time between items approaches zero.

However, AFAICT the spec does not mention to what value the rate attribute needs to be set in this case. IMO this is a problem with the SysML specification (which I cannot find back directly in the OMG issue list). So my guess is that this should be reported to the OMG SysML issue tracker www.omg.org/report_issue.htm

Quote:

The next question is straight forward. How do I get the icon for a CallBehaviorAction as shown in para 11.3.1.2 of the SysML 1.4 spec. to display? I can't find any property or display filter to do it.

I cannot find back this in para 11.3.1.2 of the SysML 1.4 spec?

Quote:

Last question is: How can I hide the name of the InitialNode or ActivityFinalNode without deleting the name? This question also applies to StateMachine diagrams.

ActivityDiagram InitialNode > Label
{
visible : false;
}

(Disclaimer: it's not that I'm just smart, I just got this answer from peaking in the css files that come with papyrus code)

HTH,

Klaas

Quote:

This with SysML 1.4 v0.7.0.201509161524.
Thanks,
Steve
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716153 is a reply to message #1715440] Tue, 01 December 2015 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
First: If you're trying/insisting Smile to use the (in-progress) SysML 1.4 editors, I suggest to use the nightly build update site. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=472801

I do insist Very Happy
OK, done, but I got some dialog about migrating profiles. I chose the SysML option. I hope that's right.

Quote:

Stephen Blackwell wrote on Fri, 20 November 2015 10:03

That is the bug.

I can confirm this. More specifically: this only happens when a SysML specific stereotype is set. Could you file a bug report for this?

Done. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=483401

Quote:
Quote:

Now the questions.

From Spec

When the «rate» stereotype is applied to an activity edge, it specifies the expected value of the number of objects and values that traverse the edge per time interval, that is, the expected value rate at which they leave the source node and arrive at the target node. ...
The «rate» stereotype has a rate property of type InstanceSpecification. The values of this property must be instances of classifiers stereotyped by «valueType» or «distributionDefinition», see Clause 8, "Blocks." In particular, the denominator for units used in the rate property must be time units.

From Spec

Continuous rate is a special case of rate of flow (see Rate) where the increment of time between items approaches zero.

However, AFAICT the spec does not mention to what value the rate attribute needs to be set in this case. IMO this is a problem with the SysML specification (which I cannot find back directly in the OMG issue list). So my guess is that this should be reported to the OMG SysML issue tracker www.omg.org/report_issue.htm

OK, I'll look into doing that.

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, I was using an old version of the spec. The correct para number is 11.3.1.2, Figures 11.2 and 11.3.

Quote:
Quote:

ActivityDiagram InitialNode > Label
{
visible : false;
}

(Disclaimer: it's not that I'm just smart, I just got this answer from peaking in the css files that come with papyrus code)

OK, Thanks. That worked for the InitialNode and the ForkNode but not for the FinalNode.

Steve
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716219 is a reply to message #1716153] Wed, 02 December 2015 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

Quote:
OK, Thanks. That worked for the InitialNode and the ForkNode but not for the FinalNode.

Try with:

ActivityFinalNode > Label {
    visible: false;
}

FinalNode is the abstract superclass to both FlowFinalNode and ActivityFinalNode, and the CSS Engine currently doesn't support abstract classes (Or superclasses, to be accurate)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716269 is a reply to message #1716219] Wed, 02 December 2015 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks,Camille, that worked but I have some more related CSS questions so I'm going to start a new topic.
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716371 is a reply to message #1716153] Thu, 03 December 2015 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Blackwell wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 13:15

Quote:
Quote:

Now the questions.

From Spec

From Spec

OK, I'll look into doing that.

Great. Keep us informed!

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, I was using an old version of the spec. The correct para number is 11.3.1.2, Figures 11.2 and 11.3.

The rake symbol should normally be displayed by default in papyrus for the callbehaviouractions. It is in my models at least. Could you describe in more detail what you do?

Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716372 is a reply to message #1716219] Thu, 03 December 2015 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Camille,

Camille Letavernier wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 04:50

FinalNode is the abstract superclass to both FlowFinalNode and ActivityFinalNode, and the CSS Engine currently doesn't support abstract classes (Or superclasses, to be accurate)

I couldn't find this information in the documentation, nor directly in bugzilla as an enhancement request.

Wouldn't it make sense to add this information in the documentation, for instance by elaborating on this part?

Quote:

In Papyrus, the selectors apply to semantic elements and properties (i.e. UML Elements), and the properties apply to the appearance properties (i.e. GMF Appearance properties). A few custom properties (Independent from the GMF Appearance model) are also available (See "Supported properties" below).

Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716373 is a reply to message #1716372] Thu, 03 December 2015 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Here you go:

Quote:
I couldn't find this information [...] in bugzilla as an enhancement request.

384571: [CSS - Selectors] Add new CSS selectors, to handle complex UML cases
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384571

Inheritance/Superclasses selectors are mentioned in Comment 1

I've added a comment to that Bugzilla to clarify the current state (Since it tracks enhancements for several kinds of new selectors)

Camille Letavernier
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716709 is a reply to message #1716371] Mon, 07 December 2015 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
The rake symbol should normally be displayed by default in papyrus for the callbehaviouractions. It is in my models at least. Could you describe in more detail what you do?

The rake is disappearing when I change the default Behavior property to an Opaque Behavior. Is this supposed to happen?

Steve
Re: Activity Diagram bugs/questions [message #1716853 is a reply to message #1716709] Tue, 08 December 2015 15:25 Go to previous message
Stephen Blackwell wrote on Mon, 07 December 2015 11:28
Quote:

The rake is disappearing when I change the default Behavior property to an Opaque Behavior. Is this supposed to happen?

Yes. Spec says
Quote:

The call of an Activity is indicated by placing a rake-style symbol within the Action symbol

Since an opaque behaviour is not an activity, the rake symbol shouldn't be there...
Previous Topic:Follow on CSS questions.
Next Topic:Papyrus for Eclipse C++ Development tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:12:44 GMT 2024