Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Multiple JavaScript Editors(How can I uninstall one and revert to the other)
Multiple JavaScript Editors [message #1715227] Fri, 20 November 2015 11:41 Go to next message
Eli Coten is currently offline Eli CotenFriend
My Eclipse seems to have managed to get two different editors installed to handle JavaScript files, and one of them is clearly better than the other. The difference is obvious immediately as one has multicoloured syntax highlighting and the other one is all black or grey. I know there are two because I see two options when I right click on a JavaScript file in the Project Explorer and select Open With, I get, amongst other options:

• JavaScript Editor
  • JavaScript Editor [DTLK]

Here's what I've found so far:

If I double click on a JavaScript file in the project explorer, I get the "wrong" one as it comes up all in black (the first option shown above is selected).

If I right click on a JavaScript file, click Open With and then select the second one, it comes up the way I'd like it with syntax highlighting.

So my question is:
1. Is it possible to uninstall the "top" JavaScript editor and leave only the second one
2. or failing that, at least set the [DLTK] one the default so that I get syntax colouring.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Re: Multiple JavaScript Editors [message #1715230 is a reply to message #1715227] Fri, 20 November 2015 11:57 Go to previous message
Eli Coten is currently offline Eli CotenFriend
I've now discovered that on the Settings menu there are two "JavaScript" items and I can use the suboptions of the second one to change the syntax colouring which makes the code much easier to work with.

I'm wondering if there was a set of default colours somewhere that should have been enabled to do this in one click rather than having to go through each type of code element, keywords, functions, comments, etc and set each one to a different colour.
Previous Topic:Cannot change version of project facet EAR to 6.0
Next Topic:Launch WEB APP Preview from Command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:02:03 GMT 2024