Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Drag on Copy an Excel like feature inside Nebula Grid(Inside nebula grid We would like to implement an Excel like feature which allows user to copy value from one cell to multiple cells. Just like MS Excel has it. On drag-and-drop cell value must be copi)
Drag on Copy an Excel like feature inside Nebula Grid [message #1715116] Thu, 19 November 2015 11:12 Go to next message
Harshini Garikiparthi is currently offline Harshini GarikiparthiFriend
Inside nebula grid We would like to implement an Excel like feature which allows user to copy value from one cell to multiple cells. Just like MS Excel has it. On drag-and-drop cell value must be copied to other cells in the grid.

On click on a particular cell , it should show up a border and on right botttom corner when dragged down it should copy the value into the below cell.

I was going through the posts online but havent found any API's which can be used to implement this featue.can you please suggest an idea how to implement it.
Re: Drag on Copy an Excel like feature inside Nebula Grid [message #1715183 is a reply to message #1715116] Thu, 19 November 2015 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Harshini,

Judging by the lack of response it is probably not very common. What have you tried so far? Did you take a look at the D&N API? Please post any code that you tried here and give us something to work on.

You apparently found the cell selection flag. This seems a good start to build your requirements on.

Cheers,

Wim

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2015 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Drag on Copy an Excel like feature inside Nebula Grid [message #1715992 is a reply to message #1715183] Mon, 30 November 2015 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harshini Garikiparthi is currently offline Harshini GarikiparthiFriend
Hi Wim,
Can you please let me know which D & N API that you were referring to , also I have tried to select a single cell on a nebula grid by doing

GridTableViewer.getGrid().setCellSelectionEnabled(true);

I am able to get the text of the cell too , after this i need to drag down the cell border so that the cell contents are copied. If any API that i can use here would be helpful.

thank You,
Harshini
Re: Drag on Copy an Excel like feature inside Nebula Grid [message #1718397 is a reply to message #1715992] Wed, 23 December 2015 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi please see:

https://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets/#dnd

[Updated on: Wed, 23 December 2015 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Drag on Copy an Excel like feature inside Nebula Grid [message #1718913 is a reply to message #1718397] Sat, 02 January 2016 09:29 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
In well-known spreadsheet applications these operations are not performed by drag selection of a cell. There is a special fill drag handle.

I'm not sure how to implement this in Nebula Grid, but NatTable gets that feature with the upcoming 1.4.0 release. And it is already available in the latest SNAPSHOT build.
Previous Topic:[NatTable]Color Change due to Editing
Next Topic:Multiple selection of items in nebula grid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:49:10 GMT 2024