Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vex » VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities)
VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities) [message #1715024] Wed, 18 November 2015 14:53 Go to next message
Aaron Spike is currently offline Aaron SpikeFriend
I am attempting include entities via an internal DTD subset in a document that uses the DocBook v5.0 XML Schema. Similarly to the description at Entities with DocBook 5 (www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Db5Entities.html).

I am able to create files outside of Vex, but when I open them in Vex and save changes Vex strips the internal DTD subset and the entities inside.

Is there something that I can change that will allow these entities to persist through edits with Vex?
Re: VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities) [message #1715042 is a reply to message #1715024] Wed, 18 November 2015 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Thienel is currently offline Florian ThienelFriend
Hi Aaron,

Vex does currently not support internal subsets. There is not even a representation of the internal subset in our DOM at the moment.

Florian
Re: VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities) [message #1715050 is a reply to message #1715042] Wed, 18 November 2015 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How big of a job might it be to change that?
Re: VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities) [message #1715267 is a reply to message #1715050] Fri, 20 November 2015 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you just want to prevent it from getting stripped, you need to introduce the representation into our DOM. This might be in possible in several hours, depending on your experience. You may find some hints in our architectural guide: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Vex/ArchitectureGuide

If you also want to edit the internal subset within Vex, you need a visual representation, which is, with our current architecture in this part, a lot of effort. I'm working on a simplification of the visualisation. But since this is done in spare time, it will still take a while until it can replace the current architecture.

If you feel confident and have some interest to work on the first part, I will be happy to support you.

~Florian
Re: VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities) [message #1715465 is a reply to message #1715267] Mon, 23 November 2015 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I lack in confidence, I make up in naïveté. Part 1 is exactly what I need and I would very much like to try to implement this if I can get sufficient pointers.

At first glance, I didn't find the architectural guide very helpful, but perhaps I just don't understand what I need to know. I've setup a VEX development environment by following the instructions in the wiki. Where do I go from here?

Are you willing to provide an outline of the steps I should take to implement this feature?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: VEX strips internal DTD subsets (entities) [message #1715612 is a reply to message #1715465] Tue, 24 November 2015 16:39 Go to previous message
Aaron,

Great to hear that you're eager for an adventure. I created Bug 482929 (http://eclip.se/482929) with a coarse description of the steps for very basic support of the internal subset. We should lead the further discussion about the implementation there.

Previous Topic:S1000D formats
Next Topic:No content in drop down
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:32:27 GMT 2024