Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » no swt.jar in Mars(Too many hurdles to get a swt.jar file)
no swt.jar in Mars [message #1714806] Mon, 16 November 2015 20:51 Go to next message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
Prior to Mars, I would copy the *swt*.jar file from /usr/local/eclipse/plugins/ into my workspace and include this in my classpath for my standalone apps that included SWT tools. With Mars, I can no longer do this. I saw an FAQ on how to obtain one, but being locked behind a US gov't firewall with no access to the Internet from my development box, cloning a Git repository is not possible. Add to this that my disk space probably wouldn't permit something that large anyway. Add to this that I really don't want to have to learn Git just to build a lone Jar file.

All I need is a swt.jar file for version 4.5 (Mars) on my Linux RHEL6 box. Why is it now so difficult to obtain this??

Does anyone have a linux-swt-4.5.x.jar file that I can retrieve from my PC (which DOES have Internet access)?? (I am able to bring individual files through the firewall into the private network.)

thanks in advance.
Mark
Re: no swt.jar in Mars [message #1714858 is a reply to message #1714806] Tue, 17 November 2015 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Niraj Modi is currently offline Niraj ModiFriend
Hi Mark,
The location for <ECLIPSE_ROOT>\plugins\*swt*.jar continues to be the same even with Eclipse 4.5(Mars) and we don't see any reason/plan to change this location.
Re: no swt.jar in Mars [message #1715947 is a reply to message #1714858] Sat, 28 November 2015 21:18 Go to previous message
Mark Mising name is currently offline Mark Mising nameFriend
I'm still confused. I'm clearing running Mars (4.5.0 - build 20150621-1200), and it is functioning fully and without errors, AFAICT. For years, I've been running eclipse from /usr/local/eclipse/. After this year's upgrade to Mars (on Sep 16, 2015), the "ps -ef" shows I'm running from /usr/local/jee-latest-released/eclipse/. I'll call this $EHOME. There is no $EHOME/plugins directory, so I figure that eclipse is getting all it's jars from /usr/local/eclipse/plugins/, but the most recent file in that directory is from 2014. I find the *swt*.jar file in there (and a myriad of other *.jar files), but they are the same ones as I've been using for the past 1.5 years. Using the find and locate commands, I am unable to discover where are the *.jar files are (aside from 2014's /usr/local/eclipse/plugins/)... particularly the *swt*.jar file so I can copy it into my project's distribution package. For now, I'm just using and copying 2014's *swt*.jar file. Where can I find 2015's jar??
Mark
Previous Topic:OSGI bundle version of SWT 4.4.2
Next Topic:Posting event from linux doesn't work like with windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:51:20 GMT 2024