Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHP Debugger error(Specified script cannot be found)
PHP Debugger error [message #1714761] Mon, 16 November 2015 13:04 Go to next message
Zack Snyders is currently offline Zack SnydersFriend
Good day,
I am new to this environment and probably has some config wrong but would appreciate some help.
What I have so far;
I have installed the environment using XAMPP and PHP Eclipse Mars. I have installed Xdebug and done all the settings based on the documentation and google Smile
I have included my php.ini as well as snips of setting and error message.
I would really appreciate some help.
kind regards
Zack
  • Attachment: server.JPG
    (Size: 27.83KB, Downloaded 302 times)
  • Attachment: php.ini
    (Size: 76.77KB, Downloaded 240 times)
  • Attachment: debugger.JPG
    (Size: 24.54KB, Downloaded 274 times)
  • Attachment: debug.JPG
    (Size: 66.75KB, Downloaded 312 times)
  • Attachment: error.JPG
    (Size: 14.22KB, Downloaded 270 times)
Re: PHP Debugger error [message #1714783 is a reply to message #1714761] Mon, 16 November 2015 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Dexter is currently offline Mark DexterFriend
What script are you trying to debug? How are you accessing the debugger? Thanks. Mark
Re: PHP Debugger error [message #1714793 is a reply to message #1714783] Mon, 16 November 2015 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zack Snyders is currently offline Zack SnydersFriend
Hi Mark,
it can be any .php script that normally runs on a webserver.
Maybe my approach is wrong, I don't know.
What I basically am trying to achieve is to step through the .php script on my local development box while it is running, analysing variables, etc. Similar to debugging in Visual Studio C# which I am used to.
I don't mind if the file I am debugging needs to be copied local.
As I said I am totally new to this environment but the number of PHP scripts that I am writing are now getting just too many to continue a trial and error approach Smile
Would appreciate some help getting started.
I don't mind if you suggest a total different approach, platform, etc. allowing me to be able to get to a line by line step through debugging.
The way I am currently trying this is to access the 'file'.php via the debug configuration (clip example uploaded) and running it. All seems 'normal' except for the error as posted.
kind regards
Zack

[Updated on: Mon, 16 November 2015 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PHP Debugger error [message #1714810 is a reply to message #1714793] Mon, 16 November 2015 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Dexter is currently offline Mark DexterFriend
The error message would seem to indicate that Eclipse can't find your PHP script. Try right-clicking on a PHP script in the PHP Explorer view and select Debug As -> PHP CLI Application.

On my old Windows machine, I had to change the xdebug.remote.port value to 10000 (instead of 9000). I had to also change my Eclipse value to match this. I think there was a conflict with another process or something.

Good luck.
Re: PHP Debugger error [message #1714843 is a reply to message #1714761] Tue, 17 November 2015 08:34 Go to previous message
Dawid Pakula is currently offline Dawid PakulaFriend
Your configuration is for CLI not for WEB. Did you registered php executable? (Preferences -> PHP -> PHP Executables).

Besides, you set file system path to your php (this shouldn;t be possible). Path have to be relative to workspace, for example /myProjectName/email.php

Previous Topic:Previewing Pages and a newbie
Next Topic:Adding PHAR to build path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:02:03 GMT 2024