Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins maven repository bundle not available(No proper org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins maven repository bundle available to be used as a Maven dependency)
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins maven repository bundle not available [message #1714650] Sat, 14 November 2015 22:14 Go to next message
Chiranga Alwis is currently offline Chiranga AlwisFriend
I have been working on integrating the Equinox P2's dropins capability to WSO2 Carbon kernel. For this purpose, I am using the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins bundle and I found a Maven dependency for this bundle from Maven repository link of com.github.adedayo.eclipse.sdk/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins/1.1.300.

But when I investigated the jar downloaded I discovered that it only possessed a META-INF folder and the MANIFEST.MF content contained hardly any of OSGi bundle manifest headers.

Is there an official org.eclipse or any other maven repository bundle dependency available for this module or is this bundle's functionality deprecated as some resources indicate?
Re: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins maven repository bundle not available [message #1714652 is a reply to message #1714650] Sun, 15 November 2015 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
p2 does not upload its bundles on Maven central. I'm not sure how it got there.
The best way to get this bundle is to consume it through Tycho.
Alternatively if you really wanted to get a Maven repo of stuffs built at Eclipse you could try to build this yourself by using the b3 aggregator http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_b3/aggregator/manual#Creating_a_Maven-conformant_p2_repo
Re: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins maven repository bundle not available [message #1714658 is a reply to message #1714652] Sun, 15 November 2015 06:53 Go to previous message
Chiranga Alwis is currently offline Chiranga AlwisFriend
Hi Pascal,

thanks for the information first of all. I am extremely new to most of these technologies and it would be great if you can provide a short description on what steps I have to follow when consuming this bundle through Tycho.

Your sincerely,
Chiranga
Previous Topic:java.io.IOException: File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: ... eclipse.exe
Next Topic:ConfiguratorManipulator not getting called
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:25:31 GMT 2024