Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » mylyn task list(cannot install mylyn task list index)
mylyn task list [message #1714641] Sat, 14 November 2015 15:38 Go to next message
Filip Sabo is currently offline Filip SaboFriend
Hello.

I want to connect eclipse with bug tracking application. For that I have installed mylyn plugi and the connectors. Conection between eclipse and redmine is OK but I can NOT see the task list. I can create new tasks in redmine from eclipse browser but they are not visible in eclipse.

The reason for that is, I think, failure to install mylyn task list index from:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Repositories#Mylyn_Tasks_p2_Repositories

I've tried different versions and nothing, I can not install it.
My eclipse version is the latest one-MARS. Maybe that is the problem? I dont know.

Any kind of help is appreciated

Filip
Re: mylyn task list [message #1714795 is a reply to message #1714641] Mon, 16 November 2015 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

What is the installation error? Could you please attach your Eclipse error log?

Can you confirm that you can't open the Task List view using Window > Show View > Task List?

Thanks,
am
Re: mylyn task list [message #1714802 is a reply to message #1714795] Mon, 16 November 2015 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filip Sabo is currently offline Filip SaboFriend
Hello Sam, thanks for update.

I could open the task list, but i havent seen the tasks. This issue is now solved, the problem was with filtering the assigments to specific users ID. But I still cant install the taks list index, see attachment.

Also when I hover over a specific task the assigned to field is blank (It would be nice that all the details that are visible in redmine be visible here in the tasks list), whats with that? Tasks are assigned to specific user in redmine.

This is the repository from where I performed the installations
http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/incubator/3.8/

This is not working for me in eclipse:
http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/incubator/latest/

Thanks

Filip
Re: mylyn task list [message #1714811 is a reply to message #1714802] Mon, 16 November 2015 22:09 Go to previous message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

The installation error is because it can't find org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.net, which is on the commons repository. I recommend installing from the snapshot or release repository instead so that all required plugins will be found.

The problem with the blank assignee in the tooltip sounds like a bug in the Redmine connector, so you might want to report it to them.

Cheers,
Sam
Previous Topic:Mylyn CDT - Possibility to collapse namespaces in Project Explorer
Next Topic:Mylyn software sites mess
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:39:49 GMT 2024