Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Edapt] Flatten operations
[Edapt] Flatten operations [message #1714510] Fri, 13 November 2015 10:04 Go to next message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
I would like to group all my changes in CompositeChanges. Since it is not possible to move an operation into a CompositeChange I am wondering if it is ok to flatten the operation and then move it into a CompositeChange?

Regards,
Thorsten
Re: [Edapt] Flatten operations [message #1714763 is a reply to message #1714510] Mon, 16 November 2015 13:32 Go to previous message
Johannes Faltermeier is currently offline Johannes FaltermeierFriend

Hi Thorsten,

an operation is a CompositeChange. That's why it is not possible to move them to a CompositeChange, since only the recorded ecore-changes may be contained by them. If you flatten the operation, you are losing the additional model-migration information associated with the operation. So I would disadvise to flatten the operations.

If I understand your requirement you want to have the ability to group related changes inside a release? Could you open a feature request for this?

Cheers
Johannes

Johannes Faltermeier

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:[Edapt] BackwardConverter causes NP upon feature removal
Next Topic:[EMFForms] Dependency Injection fails on render of view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:30:57 GMT 2024