Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product
Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product [message #1714485] Fri, 13 November 2015 05:58 Go to next message
osfreeman zhang is currently offline osfreeman zhangFriend
Hi everyone:
I create an add-on for my RCP main window model(in application.e4xmi file). It works well in the eclipse environment, but failed to start up after being exported as an executable product. I do not know how to fix it.
My add-on is as following:
@PostConstruct
public void init(IEclipseContext context, Logger logger){
Controller controller=
ContextInjectionFactory.make(Controlller.class, context);
context.set(Controller.class,controller);

logger.info("Controller object has been created.");
}

Thanks for your help!
Re: Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product [message #1714486 is a reply to message #1714485] Fri, 13 November 2015 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For more information:
The other plug-ins could start up successfully after being exported, but the add-on plug-in.
Re: Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product [message #1714546 is a reply to message #1714486] Fri, 13 November 2015 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Are the files of the addon included in the binary build (e4xmi file, etc...) in the build.properties ?
Do you have any error in the log ?
Re: Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product [message #1714613 is a reply to message #1714546] Fri, 13 November 2015 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did include all these files in build properties, and the exported directory includes these files too. There is no more error log, and the logger I put in the add-on init method did not give any output. I think the init method of the add-on mentioned above has not been called.
Re: Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product [message #1714624 is a reply to message #1714613] Sat, 14 November 2015 07:15 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Might be related to the javax.annotation dependency. How did you add that dependency? Require-Bundle or Import-Package? And did you use a version constraint?
Previous Topic:How to easily upgrade an application model (Removing obsolete elements) ?!
Next Topic:Extending default E4 application with a custom editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:37:28 GMT 2024