Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Problems deploying to Tomcat
Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714249] Wed, 11 November 2015 05:58 Go to next message
Christian Ramirez is currently offline Christian RamirezFriend
Hi there,
I intend to deploy Stardust on a production server (centos), but first I'm trying to get it working on a OS X, this is my basic configuration:

Tomcat 7.0.59
MySQL 5.1.44
I've set up the carnot.properties for MySQL, here it is:
--------------------------------------------------------
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# EJB and JNDI usage
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web.ServiceFactory = org.eclipse.stardust.engine.api.spring.SpringServiceFactory

#Client.ServiceFactory = org.eclipse.stardust.engine.api.spring.SpringServiceFactory
Client.ServiceFactory = org.eclipse.stardust.engine.api.ejb2.RemoteServiceFactory

Carnot.Spring.ApplicationContextFile = carnot-spring-context.xml

Carnot.Configuration.UseDocumentRepository = true

# Audit Trail Database Settings (used in POJO mode and by the sysconsole tool)

AuditTrail.DataSource = AuditTrail.DataSource

AuditTrail.Type = MYSQL

#AuditTrail.URL = jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/ipp

AuditTrail.URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/carnot

AuditTrail.User = root

AuditTrail.Password =

AuditTrail.Schema =

AuditTrail.UseLockTables = false

AuditTrail.UsePreparedStatements = false

AuditTrail.FixAutoCommit = true

#AuditTrail.XaDataSourceClass = org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientXADataSource

AuditTrail.XaDataSourceClass = com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource

AuditTrail.Instance = carnot

AuditTrail.Port = 3306

AuditTrail.Host = localhost

---------------------------

Still I get these errors in the catalina.2015-11-10.log:

-------------------------------
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:12 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /Users/norhel/Documents/apache/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/webapps/ipp-portal
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:32 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "com.icesoft.faces.util.event.servlet.ContextEventRepeater" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:32 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/ipp-portal] startup failed due to previous errors
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:44 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/ipp-portal] appears to have started a thread named [RetryTimer] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:44 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/ipp-portal] appears to have started a thread named [PoolIdleReleaseTimer] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:44 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/ipp-portal] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.runtime.beans.interceptors.DebugInterceptor.ThreadLocalSqlTimeRecorder] (value [org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.runtime.beans.interceptors.DebugInterceptor$ThreadLocalSqlTimeRecorder@76de839e]) and a value of type [org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.runtime.beans.interceptors.DebugInterceptor.RecorderData] (value [org.eclipse.stardust.engine.core.runtime.beans.interceptors.DebugInterceptor$RecorderData@a93370a]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:44 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/ipp-portal] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@470276f2]) and a value of type [org.eclipse.stardust.common.config.ParametersFacade] (value [org.eclipse.stardust.common.config.ParametersFacade@72cf2e49]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/ipp-portal] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ClassFactory$1] (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ClassFactory$1@55a729c1]) and a value of type [java.util.WeakHashMap] (value [{class javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.CollapsedStringAdapter=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@51a669d5, class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean=java.lang.ref.WeakReference@46e48d4}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
Nov 10, 2015 10:53:44 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deployment of web application directory /Users/norhel/Documents/apache/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/webapps/ipp-portal has finished in 32,075 ms
-----------------------------------

Thank you.
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714725 is a reply to message #1714249] Mon, 16 November 2015 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashish Khole is currently offline Ashish KholeFriend
Hi Christian,

Can you share the "localhost.log" file created in your log folder. Also the "carnot.log" file if possible. This should have more detailed logs and should help giving some insight.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714814 is a reply to message #1714725] Mon, 16 November 2015 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, here they are.
Thanks.
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714822 is a reply to message #1714814] Tue, 17 November 2015 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashish Khole is currently offline Ashish KholeFriend
Hi Christian,

After looking at the logs i can see that you are running out of memory space, "carnot.log" shows "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space"

Please try increasing your PermGen Memory in your tomcat server. To Increase memory in apache tomcat, you can add following command in startup.bat file:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Regards,
Ashish
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714901 is a reply to message #1714822] Tue, 17 November 2015 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there Ashish,

thanks for your response. This was indeed an error I had, but it's already fixed. I'll upload the same files but just with a recent start of tomcat and then I tried to start the webapp.

It keeps saying that the connection to derby was refused, but this deployment is supposed to be working with mysql not derby anymore. So I wonder, where else should I configure, so that it won't try looking for derby.

Thank you again.

Christian
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714924 is a reply to message #1714901] Tue, 17 November 2015 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I was able to find where there was a reference to derby, it was on the carnet-spring-ds-context.xml

So I changed it to the mySQL configuration. Now after this I get another error:

"org.eclipse.stardust.common.error.IncompatibleAuditTrailException: Invalid audittrail version '1.0.1'. Eclipse Process Manager requires a minimum auditrail version '2.0.0'."

09:04:55 ERROR- [bio-8080-exec-4] ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'camelTriggerLoader' defined in URL [jar:file:/Users/norhel/Documents/apache/apache-tomcat-7.0.59/webapps/ipp-portal/WEB-INF/lib/stardust-engine-camel-3.0.0-config.jar!/META-INF/spring/default-camel-context.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.eclipse.stardust.common.error.IncompatibleAuditTrailException: Invalid audittrail version '1.0.1'. Eclipse Process Manager requires a minimum auditrail version '2.0.0'.
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:529)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:295)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:292)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:628)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:932)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:479)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:389)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:294)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:112)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5016)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5524)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1322)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.start(HTMLManagerServlet.java:694)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doPost(HTMLManagerServlet.java:217)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:613)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:421)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1074)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
Caused by: org.eclipse.stardust.common.error.IncompatibleAuditTrailException: Invalid audittrail version '1.0.1'. Eclipse Process Manager requires a minimum auditrail version '2.0.0'.
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1714967 is a reply to message #1714924] Wed, 18 November 2015 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanmoy Roy is currently offline Tanmoy RoyFriend
Hi Christian,

This is error is due to miss match in Audittrail (MySQL) schema version and the Stardust version, you can upgrade the schema by using sysconsole utility.

Refer to 'upgraderuntime' section on the below link.
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.stardust.docs.dev/html/handbooks/operation/commandline/ag-commandline-2.htm?resultof=%22%73%79%73%63%6f%6e%73%6f%6c%65%22%20%22%73%79%73%63%6f%6e%73%6f%6c%22%20

-Tanmoy Roy
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1715280 is a reply to message #1714967] Fri, 20 November 2015 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Tanmoy,
I did what you told me, I'm using the sysconsole (IPP client version 1.0.1.93) and after the upgraderuntime command, I checked and at least in table 'property' the carnot.version says 1.0.1. So it's me wonder if the sysconsole is not current or if the upgraderuntime command didn't change this value.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Christian Ramirez
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1715369 is a reply to message #1715280] Mon, 23 November 2015 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanmoy Roy is currently offline Tanmoy RoyFriend
The carnot.version will show the major version only, this looks good.
As per the exception, I guess your current Stardust setup is 2.0, in this case you need to use sysconsole version 2.0.0 to upgrade your schema.
'
Eclipse Process Manager requires a minimum auditrail version '2.0.0'."

-Tanmoy Roy
Re: Problems deploying to Tomcat [message #1715448 is a reply to message #1715369] Mon, 23 November 2015 16:47 Go to previous message
Thank you very much Tanmoy, actually before you posted, I try to post my new findings, but the forum form threw an error. So here I go again.

I had to regenerate via maven the sysconsole in order to get version 2. I changed these two parameters:
DarchetypeVersion=2.0.0 and Dversion=2.0-SNAPSHOT

Then I was able to upgrade my Audit Trail schema (which I had already tweaked by hand to had it working with mysql 5.6, changing things like type=innodb to engine=innodb, and changing reserved words such as partition, code, source, etc. to 'partition','code', 'source', etc)

I think this info should be updated on the maven basic setup page (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Stardust/Knowledge_Base/Build_and_Change_Management/Maven/Basic_Setup), so that anyone who is new to Stardust could be able to get it working.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thank you.

Christian Ramirez
Previous Topic:View a Process Document
Next Topic:How to handle Exception in Rest service call application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:44:30 GMT 2024