Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installing Eclipse environment for C++ and PHP
Installing Eclipse environment for C++ and PHP [message #1714242] Wed, 11 November 2015 02:19 Go to next message
Cox Mendez is currently offline Cox MendezFriend
I´m running Ubuntu 15.10 and installing Eclipse Mars 4.5. I need to have an environment for C++ and for PHP, as I used to have in Eclipse 3.8.

In 3.8 I have the same Eclipse running for both C++ and PHP. If I open a C++ workspace it load the projects and configure the environment. The same happens for PHP. I have only one link in the Unity Launcher. My 3.8 installation was done using apt-get tool.

To install Eclipse Mars I had to download both packages and install on different folders: /opt/eclipse/cpp-mars and /opt/eclipse/php-mars. That means I have two eclipse binaries, one on each directory, and then I need 2 .desktop files to add to unity....

So, now I don´t know how to use the same Eclipse for both C++ and PHP and don´t know what am I´m missing....
How can I integrate both environments in one ? Is that possible ? Should I keep 2 installations, 2 launchers - one for each language.

Thanks for helping.
Re: Installing Eclipse environment for C++ and PHP [message #1714255 is a reply to message #1714242] Wed, 11 November 2015 08:00 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Cox Mendez wrote on Wed, 11 November 2015 04:19
I´m running Ubuntu 15.10 and installing Eclipse Mars 4.5. I need to have an environment for C++ and for PHP, as I used to have in Eclipse 3.8.

In 3.8 I have the same Eclipse running for both C++ and PHP. If I open a C++ workspace it load the projects and configure the environment. The same happens for PHP. I have only one link in the Unity Launcher. My 3.8 installation was done using apt-get tool.

To install Eclipse Mars I had to download both packages and install on different folders: /opt/eclipse/cpp-mars and /opt/eclipse/php-mars. That means I have two eclipse binaries, one on each directory, and then I need 2 .desktop files to add to unity....

So, now I don´t know how to use the same Eclipse for both C++ and PHP and don´t know what am I´m missing....
How can I integrate both environments in one ? Is that possible ? Should I keep 2 installations, 2 launchers - one for each language.

Thanks for helping.

If you do not have any yet:

1. Get the Eclipse installer for Mars
2. Install C/C++ development Eclipse using the installer
3. Install PHP add-ons using Mars Help -> Install new software.

If you already have both:

1. Jettison the PHP Eclipse
2. Use C/C++ Eclipse to install the PHP add-ons.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Noob question re: opening .jar files
Next Topic:Cannot add JAR to project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:35:28 GMT 2024