Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Filter resources from IResouceDescriptions in AbstractGlobalScope
Filter resources from IResouceDescriptions in AbstractGlobalScope [message #1714119] Tue, 10 November 2015 06:13 Go to next message
Eleanor Richie is currently offline Eleanor RichieFriend
Hi,
I need to filter different resources from the default IResourceDescriptions in the AbstractGlobalScopeProvider that is used in getVisibleContainers(Resource),

I want to filter the IResourceDesriptions that is passed to the containerManager.getVisibleContainers.

I tried to override getResourceDescriptions to be as the following:
---Create a ResourceSet
---loop on the resources in the super.getIResourceDescriptions(Resource)
-------Add resources to the resourceSet according to my criteria
---create an IResourceDescriptions by ResourceDescriptionsProvider.get(myResourceSet)

Actually this solved my problem but I noticed that ON THE FLY is no longer working across files!!!! do I need to add a special listener or what?!

I tried to create a predicate filter to filter the IEObjectDescriptions coming from these resources I wanted to filter, I did it like this:
---Create a predicate filter and in the apply method I did the below:
------get the EObject of the IEObjectDescriptions
------get the eResource.getURI() of the EObject
------if the URI is needed to be filtered out, then return false, otherwise return true.
---I passed this predicate filter to createContainerScopeWithContext

This didn't work at all, it always gave a null pointer exception at the EObject of the received IEObjectDescription in the filter!!!

Any Suggestions!

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2015 06:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Filter resources from IResouceDescriptions in AbstractGlobalScope [message #1714124 is a reply to message #1714119] Tue, 10 November 2015 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

what Kind of filtering do you actually want to do. can you be more specific on your usecase?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Filter resources from IResouceDescriptions in AbstractGlobalScope [message #1714126 is a reply to message #1714124] Tue, 10 November 2015 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eleanor Richie is currently offline Eleanor RichieFriend
There are some resources that are done in the IProject that I want to filter out if they contain a special thing in the URI
Re: Filter resources from IResouceDescriptions in AbstractGlobalScope [message #1714128 is a reply to message #1714126] Tue, 10 November 2015 07:36 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Sound more like a usecase for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.resource.IResourceUIServiceProvider.canHandle(URI, IStorage)
or org.eclipse.xtext.resource.IResourceServiceProvider.canHandle(URI)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:Performance issue parsing enclosed expression
Next Topic:DSL file dependency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:25:57 GMT 2024