Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Cannot make Demo Example from Titan
Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714092] Mon, 09 November 2015 20:26 Go to next message
Muhammad Burhan Hassan is currently offline Muhammad Burhan HassanFriend
HI,
I tried to make Demo , MyExample.ttcn, which came with titan installation. I made the copy of the folder and tried to make it with existing Test Ports and .cfg file.

I got errors in it, shown in image. Am i missing any other library for Titan compilation?
From make file , i wrote ttcn3 instead ttcn3-parallel, then this error vanishes, but the second error persist. Although File "titanver" is present in its directory.

Regards,
Burhan
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 40.92KB, Downloaded 432 times)
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714095 is a reply to message #1714092] Mon, 09 November 2015 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Muhammad,

I think you don't have your environment variables set correctly:

If say Titan is installed in /home/<userid>/titan/Install

then you have to set your variables as follows:

setenv TTCN3_DIR /home/<userid>/titan/Install
setenv PATH /home/<userid>/titan.core/Install/bin/:${PATH}
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/<userid>/titan.core/Install/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

for csh

or

export TTCN3_DIR=/home/<user id>/titan/Install
export PATH=/home/<userid>/titan.core/Install/bin/:${PATH}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/<userid>/titan.core/Install/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

for bash

I hope this helps

P.S. I'll answer the DNS question tomorrow, that will take some time.

Best regards

Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714125 is a reply to message #1714095] Tue, 10 November 2015 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi,
I agree with Elemer, the settings of environment variables are faulty.
From your make log this line is interesting:
"/bin/sh/: line 4: c:cygwin64homeb.hassaninstall/bin/titanver"
It seems that the "/" characters disappeared.
Check them not only in the cygwin environment but in the windows environment as well ! Especially the PATH env var. (I suppose the mistake is on cygwin level as Elemer said.)

BR
Jeno
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714175 is a reply to message #1714095] Tue, 10 November 2015 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I tried to change the Env Variables, as you said and shown in the image "EnvVariable.PNG",

i re started my PC and tried to generate make file, but this time it said "command not found", shown in image "After ChangingEnvVariable".. I also updated the Windows Env Variables as you said.

I think the problem was of writing "titan.core" instead of "titan" (also removed from Windows Env Variables)... So set the variables again after removing ".core", and tried to make file again, but the same old error raised.

My Directory is.. :
C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install (have bin,demo,etc,help,include,lib and man folders)
C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\titan
I thought this info can be helpfull...

According to above directories and "Installation guide" came with Titan package, i think my TTCN3 Directory is "C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install"..So in setting Env Variables, i tried with "install" in place of "titan" as well, but of no use.

NOTE: I followed this video "Install ttcn3 on windows using eclipse titan" from You tube to set up Titan, and at time "30:50", it is setting env variables..

Hope i explained the problem i m in ..

Regards,
Burhan

Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714187 is a reply to message #1714175] Tue, 10 November 2015 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,

Could you please send me the result of the command

printenv | grep TTCN

I need to see if your env. variables are indeed set to the right values .

Best regards

Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714203 is a reply to message #1714187] Tue, 10 November 2015 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Elmer,

Here is the result:

b.hassan@PMX-NB07 ~
$ printenv | grep TTCN
TTCN3_DIR=C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install

It shows only one variable, is it how it works?

Burhan
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714208 is a reply to message #1714203] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI Muhammad,

this looks OK;
can you please send me the result of

printenv | grep PATH

also?

Thank you and regards

Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714210 is a reply to message #1714208] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elmer, here it is:

b.hassan@PMX-NB07 ~/install/demo-Copy
$ printenv | grep PATH
HOMEPATH=\Users\b.hassan
UOIPME_REG_PATH=C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\USB over IP
ORIGINAL_PATH=/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/home/b.hassan/install/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassaninstall/lib
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/home/b.hassan/install/bin
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
INFOPATH=/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714211 is a reply to message #1714210] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
in above in "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassaninstall/lib" "/" is missing between b.hassan and install.
I set the variable again by export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/lib and also from Windows env variable, then i tried to find print env var, but still it is missing "/"...

Do you think its the problem?

Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714212 is a reply to message #1714211] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,
yes there is a small typo there, but now we know that

you have your Titan installation in

C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install

so binaries are in
C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\bin

and libraries in
C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\lib

TTCN3_DIR looks OK, so please set PATH:

export PATH=C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\bin:${PATH}

(this will add C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\bin in front of the current value for PATH)
and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

which does the same for LD_LIBRARY_PATH;

after that verify with
printenv | grep TTCN 

and
printenv | grep PATH

that variables are correct ; if they are , then your installation should work.

Please let me know if it helped.

BR Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714214 is a reply to message #1714212] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,

sorry, this is how you should set you environment variables in windows (as shown in the video)

Within Cygwin, you need to use it differently:

export TTCN3_DIR=/home/b.hassan/install:${PATH}
export PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/bin:${PATH}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

sorry for the confusion.

So again, set in windows your env. variables as

PATH=C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\bin:${PATH}
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install\lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

and in Cygwin, as above, with export

export TTCN3_DIR=/home/b.hassan/install:${PATH}

Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714215 is a reply to message #1714212] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
didn't work,have a look :
b.hassan@PMX-NB07 ~
$ printenv | grep TTCN

b.hassan@PMX-NB07 ~
$ cd install/demo-Copy/

$ printenv | grep PATH
HOMEPATH=\Users\b.hassan
ORIGINAL_PATH=/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/home/b.hassan/install/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/lib
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/home/b.hassan/install/bin

and when i make the example :
$ ttcn3_makefilegen MyExample.ttcn PCOType.hh PCOType.cc
Generating Makefile skeleton...
Makefile skeleton was generated.

$ make
C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install/bin/compiler -L   \
MyExample.ttcn  - MyExample.ttcn
Notify: Parsing TTCN-3 module `MyExample.ttcn'...
Notify: Checking modules...
Notify: Generating code...
Notify: File `MyExample.hh' was generated.
Notify: File `MyExample.cc' was generated.
Notify: 2 files were updated.
touch compile
g++  -c -DWIN32 -IC:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install/include -Wall   -o MyExample.o MyExample.cc
g++  -c -DWIN32 -IC:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install/include -Wall   -o PCOType.o PCOType.cc
if g++   -Wl,--enable-auto-import,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -o MyExample.exe MyExample.o PCOType.o \
-LC:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install/lib -lttcn3-parallel \
-L/lib -lcrypto \
-LC:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install/lib -lxml2; \
then : ; else C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install/bin/titanver MyExample.o PCOType.o; exit 1; fi
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/4.9.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lttcn3-parallel
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/bin/sh: line 4: C:cygwin64homeb.hassaninstall/bin/titanver: No such file or directory
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'MyExample.exe' failed
make: *** [MyExample.exe] Error 1

and the error remains...
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714217 is a reply to message #1714215] Tue, 10 November 2015 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, could you please try

export TTCN3_DIR=/home/b.hassan/install

after this

printenv  | grep TTCN 

should show this value and not

C:\cygwin64\home\b.hassan\install

Best regards

Elemer

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2015 19:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714220 is a reply to message #1714217] Tue, 10 November 2015 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i wrote this

and just after it, i wrote this
printenv  | grep TTCN 

and out put was TTCN3_DIR=C:/cygwin64/home/b.hassan/install , after it i closed the cygwin cli, and started again, and again saw for env var, this time it showed wrong...
b.hassan@PMX-NB07 ~
$ printenv  | grep TTCN

The change in variable do not reamins after i restart the PC.
Regards,
Burhan
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714221 is a reply to message #1714220] Tue, 10 November 2015 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,

OK , I see the problem:

this environmental variable can receive value both from the setting Windows and from the setting in cygwin bash, and the two values are in conflict;

so please set the value in cygwin with

but do not restart, check first if your compilation works.

If it does, then you need to edit your .bashrc file and add

to it;

this will make sure that the setting are not lost

then erase the settings in Windows and only then restart and check the values

Thus, the variables will be set only from within cygwin, the .bashrc file.

Please let me know of the result

BR Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714223 is a reply to message #1714221] Tue, 10 November 2015 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Elmer,

Yes i think it worked. I have updated the .baschrc filr, and now env variables are ok. I can make the example..
But i have an issue with execution of Test Suit..Have a look at ...

b.hassan@PMX-NB07 ~/titan/hello-Copy
$ ttcn3_makefilegen MyExample.ttcn PCOType.hh PCOType.cc

$ make
/home/b.hassan/install/bin/compiler -L   \
MyExample.ttcn  - MyExample.ttcn
Notify: Parsing TTCN-3 module `MyExample.ttcn'...
Notify: File `MyExample.hh' was generated.
Notify: File `MyExample.cc' was generated.
touch compile
g++  -c -DWIN32 -I/home/b.hassan/install/include -Wall   -o MyExample.o MyExample.cc
g++  -c -DWIN32 -I/home/b.hassan/install/include -Wall   -o PCOType.o PCOType.cc
if g++   -Wl,--enable-auto-import,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -o MyExample.exe MyExample.o PCOType.o \
-L/home/b.hassan/install/lib -lttcn3-parallel \
-L/lib -lcrypto \
-L/home/b.hassan/install/lib -lxml2; \
then : ; else /home/b.hassan/install/bin/titanver MyExample.o PCOType.o; exit 1; fi

$ ./MyExample
TTCN-3 Host Controller (parallel mode), version CRL 113 200/5 R3A

usage: ./MyExample [-s local_addr] MC_host MC_port
   or  ./MyExample -l
   or  ./MyExample -v

OPTIONS:
        -s local_addr:  use the given source IP address for control connections
        -l:             list startable test cases and control parts
        -v:             show version and module information

I can make it, but cannot execute, although previously i was able to execute the example which came with package..

Regards,
Burhan
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714224 is a reply to message #1714223] Tue, 10 November 2015 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad, OK, we are close Smile

Problem is , you have compiled for parallel mode (multi components) but try to execute in single mode (single component)

so you need to regenerate the Makefile with:

makefilegen -f -s  MyExample.ttcn PCOType.hh PCOType.cc

where -s signifies single mode

than

make clean
make 
./MyExample

Please let me know of the result

BR Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714225 is a reply to message #1714223] Tue, 10 November 2015 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got it, i was not including "MyExample.cfg " in ttcn3_genmakefile command, now its working... (also changed ttcn3_parallel to ttcn3)

I have another question, I have deleted the env variables from Windows, now if i use Titan plugin from Eclipse, should it work correctly?

You did great help Elmer, i really appreciate the effort you put for me, you rock Smile

Thanks and hope to see you soon in another issue Laughing ..
Regards,
Burhan

[Updated on: Tue, 10 November 2015 21:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714254 is a reply to message #1714225] Wed, 11 November 2015 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,
thank you for bearing with me.

A colleague will answer your Eclipse question.

Best regards
Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714260 is a reply to message #1714254] Wed, 11 November 2015 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Burhad,

1. HelloWorld or MyExample shall be compiled in parallel mode because it contains real (test) components. The rule is that if you have components (ttcn component, which is a ttcn term, see ttcn tutorial or spec "ETSI ES 201 873-1 V4.7.1") then you shall use parallel mode.

2. The TTCN3_DIR, PATH, LD_LIBRARY path should be set in cygwin. The only Wndows environment variable is PATH which can interfere with (=disturb Smile ) cygwin $PATH.
$PATH in cygwin shell inherits windows path ( with some tricks) but cygwin shell overwrite the windows variables within the shell. Therefore I would suggest to do all the following steps:
- add only the cygwin bin dir to your windows environment variable "PATH", for example "C:\cygwin64\bin;"
- the others add to any of the the cygwin init batch files ( You have done it already)
- start eclipse NOT from cygwin command line but from Windows ( as any other windows program )
Eclipse is independent from cygwin. Eclipse use cygwin for build and for execution. Its method that Eclipse Titan plugin starts a cygwin command "sh -c <any cywin command>". In this shell your cygwin environment will be set first then the program will start. You can check it from Eclipse, from the console view. For example:
sh -c ln -sf '/cygdrive/c/Users/ETHBAAT/runtime-titan_debug/HW/src/A.ttcn' 'A.ttcn'
Operation finished successfully.
( see attachment)index.php/fa/23892/0/

Best regards
Jeno Balasko
  • Attachment: Console.PNG
    (Size: 171.11KB, Downloaded 2067 times)
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714263 is a reply to message #1714223] Wed, 11 November 2015 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Burhan,

Use ./MyExample and any parallel component this way from cygwin (and from linux) command line:

$ ttcn3_start MyExample MyConfig.cfg

Note: ttcn3_start is a script. It executes a difficult algorithm described in the titan user guide ( Chapter 4, especially 4.4.5 of userguide.pdf, 1/198 17-CRL 113 200/5 )

Best regards
Jeno Balasko
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714649 is a reply to message #1714263] Sat, 14 November 2015 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Elemer ,

I am again having an issue in make command. All env Variables seems to be in place, but still this issue:
$ make
hello_world.ttcn  - hello_world.ttcn
Notify: Parsing TTCN-3 module `hello_world.ttcn'...
Notify: File `hello_world.hh' was generated.
Notify: File `hello_world.cc' was generated.
touch compile
g++  -c -DWIN32 -I/home/b.hassan/install/include -Wall   -o hello_world.o hello_world.cc
In file included from hello_world.cc:11:0:
hello_world.hh:19:20: fatal error: TTCN3.hh: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
makefile:137: recipe for target 'hello_world.o' failed
make: *** [hello_world.o] Error 1

The problem i think is, tried to set up Eclipse with C++ compiler, and downloaded another comiler and named it as MinGW,which is coming in Path env Var, instead of Cygwin64.
$ printenv | grep PATH
HOMEPATH=\Users\b.hassan
ORIGINAL_PATH=/cygdrive/c/MinGW/bin:/cygdrive/c/MinGW/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-mingw32/5.1.0:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_65/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_65/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/lib:
PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/MinGW/bin:/cygdrive/c/MinGW/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-mingw32/5.1.0:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_65/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_65/bin
EQ_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\MinGW\x86_64-w64-mingw32\lib

Please see how can i correct it.
Regards,
Burhan
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714657 is a reply to message #1714649] Sun, 15 November 2015 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,

what's your TTCN3_DIR env. variable?

printenv | grep TTCN

BR Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714662 is a reply to message #1714657] Sun, 15 November 2015 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,

if your TTCN3_DIR looks OK, try to regenerate your Makefile with makefilegen;

maybe when it was generated, some of the variables was not in place.

BR Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714665 is a reply to message #1714662] Sun, 15 November 2015 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
My TTCN3_DIR is:
$ printenv | grep TTCN
TTCN3_DIR=/home/b.hassan/install

which looks OK. I regenerated the make file, and same error appeared:
b.hassan@PMX-NB07 /cygdrive/c/Users/b.hassan/Desktop/Ttcn3HelloWorld
$ ttcn3_makefilegen -f hello_world.ttcn

$ make
hello_world.ttcn  - hello_world.ttcn
Notify: Parsing TTCN-3 module `hello_world.ttcn'...
Notify: None of the files needed update.
touch compile
g++  -c -DWIN32 -I/home/b.hassan/install/include -Wall   -o hello_world.o hello_world.cc
In file included from hello_world.cc:11:0:
hello_world.hh:19:20: fatal error: TTCN3.hh: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
makefile:137: recipe for target 'hello_world.o' failed
make: *** [hello_world.o] Error 1

$ ttcn3_start hello_world
ttcn3_start: Starting the test suite
ttcn3_start: cannot find executable hello_world

Have a look at PATH variable again:
$ printenv | grep PATH
HOMEPATH=\Users\b.hassan
ORIGINAL_PATH=/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_65/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_65/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/lib:
PATH=/home/b.hassan/install/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64:/cygdrive/c/ProgramData/Lenovo/ReadyApps:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Intel/WirelessCommon:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.0/Windows Performance Toolkit:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/110/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft/Web Platform Installer:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft ASP.NET/ASP.NET Web Pages/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/100/DTS/Binn:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/runtime/win64:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/MATLAB/R2010a/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Skype/Phone:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_65/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_65/bin

Please see if you can find the issue in it.
Regards,
Burhan
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714668 is a reply to message #1714665] Sun, 15 November 2015 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Muhammad,

probably the quickest thing you can do is to reinstall everything from scratch as it's not easy to figure out what went wrong.

A piece of advice: Titan for MinGW has a very limited functionality , it can only be used to verify the syntax and semantics, but no execution is possible.
If you want to make your life easier , use some mainstream Linux (Ubuntu, Suse) instead of Cygwin or MinGW.

Best regards

Elemer
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714713 is a reply to message #1714668] Mon, 16 November 2015 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Message Body
Re: Cannot make Demo Example from Titan [message #1714717 is a reply to message #1714713] Mon, 16 November 2015 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Muhammad,

at first execute "make clean" after that execute "make".
The line "Notify: None of the files needed update." shows that the C++ generation was not refreshed.
The line "g++ -c -DWIN32 -I/home/b.hassan/install/include -Wall -o hello_world.o hello_world.cc" shows that your TTCN3_DIR is correctly set for "/home/b.hassan/install/" and g++ shall search include files (also) in folder "/home/b.hassan/install/include". And that directory should contain TTCN3.hh - if everything is installed correctly.
Best regards
Jeno Balasko
Not able to clean ttcn3 project in Eclipse titan [message #1801809 is a reply to message #1714092] Sun, 27 January 2019 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhishek Mane is currently offline Abhishek ManeFriend
Hii,
I created a ttcn3 project Ping pong application in Eclipse Titan.I have also installed Cygwin.I tried to "Clean" the whole ttcn3 project But it failed.It is giving me Error message:"Makefile generation failed.No Cygwin installation found.Please ensure cygwin is installed properly".Please help me out
Re: Not able to clean ttcn3 project in Eclipse titan [message #1801905 is a reply to message #1801809] Tue, 29 January 2019 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Abhishek,

your question was answered in the thread you have opened:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1097275/

Did you try to follow the recommendations here?

BR

Elemer
Re: Not able to clean ttcn3 project in Eclipse titan [message #1827209 is a reply to message #1801905] Sun, 10 May 2020 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ganesh Pahade is currently offline Ganesh PahadeFriend
Hi Guys,

I am getting below error when i am run the titan compiler.

Environment path
====================================================
PATH C:\cygwin64\bin;C:\cygwin64\home\itteam\install\bin
TTCN3_DIR=C:\cygwin64\home\itteam\install
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\cygwin64\home\itteam\install\lib
=======================================================
---------------------------------------
C:\cygwin64 command:
tteam@IP-C613FF7A ~/titan
$ make -j
--------------------------------------
Makefile.personal
-----------------------

TTCN3_DIR := C:\cygwin64\home\itteam\install
OPENSSL_DIR := /usr
JDKDIR := /etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm
XMLDIR := /usr
JNI := yes
GEN_PDF :=no
-------------------------------------------------------

Error logs:
===================================================
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/itteam/titan/common'
bison -d -o config_preproc_p.tab.cc -p config_process_ config_preproc_p.y
make[1]: bison: No such file or directory
bison -d pattern_uni.y
bison -d pattern_p.y
(dep) config_preproc_la.cc
(dep) pattern_la.cc
pattern_la.l:38:10: fatal error: pattern_p.hh: No such file or directory
38 | #include "pattern_p.hh"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
config_preproc_la.l:39:10: fatal error: config_preproc_p.tab.hh: No such file or directory
39 | #include "config_preproc_p.tab.hh"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'pattern_p.cc', needed by 'pattern_p.o'. Stop.
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
(C++) pattern_la.cc
pattern_la.l:38:10: fatal error: pattern_p.hh: No such file or directory
38 | #include "pattern_p.hh"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [../Makefile.genrules:97: pattern_la.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/itteam/titan/common'
make: *** [Makefile:65: all] Error 2
Re: Not able to clean ttcn3 project in Eclipse titan [message #1827210 is a reply to message #1827209] Sun, 10 May 2020 16:39 Go to previous message
Hi Ganesh,

your Cygwin installation is incomplete or wrong
(for instance the pre-requisite bison parser is missing or it cannot be found);

please check this post
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1103718/

with a reference to a video that walks you through the Cygwin installation.

BR

Elemer

Previous Topic:How to generate java file from command line through ttcn test cases.
Next Topic:Installation problems on Window 10 Cygwin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:31:38 GMT 2024