Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Sequence diagram question
Sequence diagram question [message #1713633] Thu, 05 November 2015 15:09 Go to next message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
I have created a sequence diagram that has a Parallel Combined Fragment.

How do I add the horizontal dotted lines to the Fragment to indicate the parallel areas?

This is in v1.1.2 with the SysML 1.4 profile loaded.

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Sequence diagram question [message #1714209 is a reply to message #1713633] Tue, 10 November 2015 18:11 Go to previous message
Stephen Blackwell is currently offline Stephen BlackwellFriend
Wow! Over 3000 views and not one answer.

Well, by accident I found a way to do it for a Parallel Combined Fragment but this method does not work with the Alternate Combined Fragment.

Drop a Parallel Combined Fragment onto a Sequence Diagram and then select it so that the hyperlinks box with a green "+" is visible at the top of the fragment. To the left of the green '+" is a small blank box. If you move your mouse over this blank area very slowly, different nodes appear in tooltips. There is only a pixel or two between the different options so it is difficult to get the one you want but when you do if you left click, that node is drawn in the Parallel Fragment and the horizontal dotted line is drawn (yae!!!).
Next select the new empty parallel area and repeat the process.

Unfortunately, my video card has died so I can't get any screen shots at the moment.
Could someone repeat my experiment to verify that the box to the left of the '+' is blank and this doesn't work for Alternate Combined Fragments?

Also could someone tell me what is supposed to happen?

Steve
Previous Topic:How to add an Artifact to an Activity Diagram
Next Topic:How to create C# or custom data types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:01:55 GMT 2024