Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Extending default E4 application with a custom editor(Extending E4 application with a custom editor)
Extending default E4 application with a custom editor [message #1713044] Fri, 30 October 2015 08:50 Go to next message
Anthony Gaudino is currently offline Anthony GaudinoFriend
Hello everyone,

I want to add my custom editor to the E4 application using the fragment mechanism.

I know it's possible to add a view to the E4 application using a fragment. I create a fragment extending the feature "descriptors" of the application "org.eclipse.e4.legacy.ide.application". In this fragment I add a part descriptor with the tag "View".

The view is correctly added to the application in the "show view" dialog.

I want to know if it's possible with the fragment mechanism to add an editor to the application like the extension point "org.eclipse.ui.editors" in eclipse 3.X ? I want my editor will be added to the "Open With" dialog in the "Package Explorer". Maybe a tag "Editor" ?

Thanks,

Anthony.
Re: Extending default E4 application with a custom editor [message #1714972 is a reply to message #1713044] Wed, 18 November 2015 07:54 Go to previous message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Hello,

I am also interested in this. Is it possible to create E4 based editors in eclipse IDE, or is the "org.eclipse.ui.editors" extention point still the prefered way?

Rolf
Previous Topic:Add-on failed to start up after being exported as an executable product
Next Topic:Stand-alone Listener to EPartService
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:30:50 GMT 2024