Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Installing basicfamily.sample(Can not import the basic family example from Sirius)
Installing basicfamily.sample [message #1712822] Wed, 28 October 2015 14:19 Go to next message
Vincent Cousin is currently offline Vincent CousinFriend
index.php/fa/23767/0/After installing Eclipse and then Sirius, I am not able to load the basicfamily.sample example and follow the Sirius tutorial proposed on the Sirius Web site.
I am on Ubuntu 14, and I installed Eclipse Modelling Tool from the eclipse installer into the directory /home/vincent/eclipse/modeling-mars/eclipse
After launching eclipse, I installed the Sirius package from the menu of Eclipse "Install Modeling Components"
Apparently both installations went ok
The trouble began when I wanted to lod the basicfamily.sample using any of the 3 methods proposed in the tutorial. I could import the basicfamily.zip file from the import general archive menu after creating a modeling project basicfamily.sample. I could also import the xml file but id didn't create the list of all persons in the family but it remained as a XML file as if the eclipse did not interpret the file.

Here is the log file
!SESSION 2015-10-28 13:59:07.240 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.5.1.M20150904-0015
java.version=1.7.0_85
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=fr_FR
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
Command-line arguments: -data file:/home/vincent/workspace/ -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.sirius 4 0 2015-10-28 14:19:50.966
!MESSAGE Unable to load resource /basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/sample/basicfamily' not found. (platform:/resource/basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily, 2, 197)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:319)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:278)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:406)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.api.resource.LoadEMFResource.run(LoadEMFResource.java:63)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.isLoadableModel(DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.java:183)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.ResourceDeltaVisitor.visitFileWithOpenedRepresentationsFile(ResourceDeltaVisitor.java:229)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.ResourceDeltaVisitor.visitFile(ResourceDeltaVisitor.java:183)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.ResourceDeltaVisitor.visit(ResourceDeltaVisitor.java:88)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:47)
at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.resourceChanged(DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.java:81)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$1.run(NotificationManager.java:299)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:289)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:152)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:373)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1470)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2250)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/sample/basicfamily' not found. (platform:/resource/basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily, 2, 197)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.getPackageForURI(XMLHandler.java:2625)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.getFactoryForPrefix(XMLHandler.java:2458)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectByType(XMLHandler.java:1335)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createTopObject(XMLHandler.java:1504)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1026)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.processElement(XMIHandler.java:78)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:1008)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:719)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.startElement(XMIHandler.java:190)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:745)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1364)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1295)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3135)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:880)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:642)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:326)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:175)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:261)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:259)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
... 20 more

Voici la capture d'écran index.php/fa/23767/0/ montrant que le fichier xml reste un fichier texte dans l'aborescence du projet
Re: Installing basicfamily.sample [message #1712943 is a reply to message #1712822] Thu, 29 October 2015 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,

Le 28/10/2015 18:20, Vincent Cousin a écrit :
> After installing Eclipse and then Sirius, I am not able to load the basicfamily.sample example and follow the Sirius tutorial proposed on the Sirius Web site.
> I am on Ubuntu 14, and I installed Eclipse Modelling Tool from the eclipse installer into the directory /home/vincent/eclipse/modeling-mars/eclipse
> After launching eclipse, I installed the Sirius package from the menu of Eclipse "Install Modeling Components"
> Apparently both installations went ok
> The trouble began when I wanted to lod the basicfamily.sample using any of the 3 methods proposed in the tutorial. I could import the basicfamily.zip file from the import general archive menu after creating a modeling project basicfamily.sample.

The problem is here. You need to import projects contained in the zip
file as projects. The workspace should contains 3 projects after import
step (org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily,
org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily.edit,
org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily.editor). So before the step
"Launch a new runtime from your Eclipse", you need to have these 3
projects in your workspace.

I could also import the xml file but id didn't create the list of all
persons in the family but it remained as a XML file as if the eclipse
did not interpret the file.
>
> Here is the log file
> !SESSION 2015-10-28 13:59:07.240 -----------------------------------------------
> eclipse.buildId=4.5.1.M20150904-0015
> java.version=1.7.0_85
> java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=fr_FR
> Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
> Command-line arguments: -data file:/home/vincent/workspace/ -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.sirius 4 0 2015-10-28 14:19:50.966
> !MESSAGE Unable to load resource /basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily
> !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/sample/basicfamily' not found. (platform:/resource/basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily, 2, 197)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.handleDemandLoadException(ResourceSetImpl.java:319)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:278)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:406)
> at org.eclipse.sirius.business.api.resource.LoadEMFResource.run(LoadEMFResource.java:63)
> at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.isLoadableModel(DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.java:183)
> at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.ResourceDeltaVisitor.visitFileWithOpenedRepresentationsFile(ResourceDeltaVisitor.java:229)
> at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.ResourceDeltaVisitor.visitFile(ResourceDeltaVisitor.java:183)
> at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.ResourceDeltaVisitor.visit(ResourceDeltaVisitor.java:88)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:63)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:74)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:74)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:47)
> at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.api.views.modelexplorerview.resourcelistener.DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.resourceChanged(DefaultModelingProjectResourceListener.java:81)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$1.run(NotificationManager.java:299)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:289)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:152)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:373)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1470)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2250)
> at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:130)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
> Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/sample/basicfamily' not found. (platform:/resource/basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily, 2, 197)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.getPackageForURI(XMLHandler.java:2625)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.getFactoryForPrefix(XMLHandler.java:2458)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createObjectByType(XMLHandler.java:1335)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.createTopObject(XMLHandler.java:1504)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.processElement(XMLHandler.java:1026)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.processElement(XMIHandler.java:78)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:1008)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLHandler.startElement(XMLHandler.java:719)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMIHandler.startElement(XMIHandler.java:190)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:745)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1364)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1295)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3135)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:880)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:642)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:326)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:175)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:261)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1297)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:259)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
> ... 20 more
>
> Voici la capture d'écran montrant que le fichier xml reste un fichier texte dans l'aborescence du projet
>

Best regards,

--
Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Installing basicfamily.sample [message #1713071 is a reply to message #1712943] Fri, 30 October 2015 15:07 Go to previous message
Vincent Cousin is currently offline Vincent CousinFriend
Thanks for your help.
I succeeded eventually loading the three model files, each time creating a project of the name first and then importing the file.
I then launched a new run time from Eclipse adding the -XX:MacPermSize=256m. This proved insufficient for the next step. I ran finally with setting the VM arguments to the sole three lines appearing on the tutorials (previously there were a few lines of lengthy instructions to which I added only the "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" instruction). I created first a project basicfamily.sample enabling me to then import the xml file which was available in the import window with a family icon ). I have now a proper import of the basicfamily.sample I think.

Going further in the tutorial I could create a Viewpoint Specification Project with all the dependencies in the window of the Sirius specification editor for the file basicfamily.odesign
I could go down the full route until the style "Square light_blue" but I could not test the diagram as, after right clicking on the basicfamily.sample project icon in the model explorer the window did not highlight any view point to be selected.

As the workbench stands now:
the Model Explorer container has one project model basicfamily.sample (project dependencies+example.basic.family+representations.aird) and one viewpoint project (src+JRE System Library+Plug-in Dependencies+META-INF+build.properties+plugin.xml) whose name is org.eclipse.sample.basicfamily.design
and the central part contains the basicfamily.odesign file tree structure
I could indeed never give the name basicfamily.sample to the viewpoint project (as shown in the tutorial) as I got an error message as a file of that name exists already.

But I have a warning that appears as soon as the creation of the odesign file saying that "the JRE container on the classpath is not a perfect match to the JAVASE-1.6 execution environment"

The log detail of "org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily.design" reads as follows
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily.design
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily.design;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
Bundle-Activator: org.eclipse.sirius.sample.basicfamily.design.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.core.resources,
org.eclipse.sirius,
org.eclipse.sirius.common.acceleo.mtl
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6

Can you help me sorting this out?
Many thanks in advance
Vincent Cousin