Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Frequent sftp cuts(Cuts occur frequently when editing sources using RSE file system)
Frequent sftp cuts [message #1712660] Tue, 27 October 2015 10:13 Go to next message
Jean-Marie Condom is currently offline Jean-Marie CondomFriend
Hello

I upgraded from Luna to Mars version but now I get frequent network cuts when editing sources using sftp ; when such cuts occur I lose all the folders in my project and I have to add them again.
This problem happens very rarely with Luna

The sources are located on a linux machine and eclipse is installed on windows 10

here is the error message :
"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Operation failed. File system input or output error: rse://DEV/tests/archi"

i installed all the plugins required for sftp from http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars
(selecting General Purpose tools and all plugins whose names start with "remote")

to create a projet I proceed the following way :
1-create a new PHP Project in workspace
2-click right on the project name then choose "new folder"
3-click "Advanced"
4-select "link to alternate location"
5-choose "RSE" file system

then eclipse displays the folder including all the sources

i am used to doing that with Luna and it is quite stable

is there any solution to use Mars with a stable connection

thanks in advance

Jean-Marie
Re: Frequent sftp cuts [message #1713181 is a reply to message #1712660] Mon, 02 November 2015 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kelvin Smith is currently offline Kelvin SmithFriend

Try the following things to fix this issue:

1) Set up ssh to use multiplexing (see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSSH/Cookbook/Multiplexing) in the virtual machine
2) Upgrade eclipse to Kepler 64Bit release (much faster and more stable in Windows 7) with manual installation of PDT feature.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2015 05:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Frequent sftp cuts [message #1713576 is a reply to message #1713181] Thu, 05 November 2015 09:31 Go to previous message
Jean-Marie Condom is currently offline Jean-Marie CondomFriend
Hello

thanks for you reply

the ssh configuration of our linux virtual machine (where sources are stored) is correct

it is possible that the ssh parameters of Eclipse (installed on windows) are not correctly set ?
i have the following values :
keepalive : 300
timeout : 0
by the way where can I find a documentation about those parameters ?

you said to upgrade to kepler 64, i think you meant to downgrade since i have luna version whose problem is an "endless building workspace loop" occuring sometimes

Eclipse is installed on windows 7 (32 bits)

since i got this ssh problem with Mars version (4.5.1) i upgraded to Neon version (4.6.0) 2 days ago

I didn't notice any cut since then

for comparison I opened Mars eclipse version in parallel (not refering to the same workspace as neon but linked to the same linux sources)
I don't edit sources with Mars but I just check sometimes if a cut occurs ; since 2 days i didn't notice any cut

so I go on with neon version

just some more information about ssh parameters in the Eclipse settings would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Jean-Marie

Previous Topic:Unzipping eclipse Java IDE
Next Topic:CLass method call autocompletion misses inherited methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:41:20 GMT 2024