Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Project Export Errors(Building Scout application fails during project export)
Project Export Errors [message #1712372] Fri, 23 October 2015 10:54 Go to next message
Jannik Malken is currently offline Jannik MalkenFriend
Hi,

Exporting my application with the help of the Scout SDK's 'Export Scout Project...' fails. The log shows that some
resources can't be resolved:
ERROR in 
C:\java_dev\workspace\elasticsearchviewer\com.cebacus.scout.elasticsearchviewer.client\src\com\scout\elasticsearchviewer\client\ui\desktop\Desktop.java (at line 131)
	return Icons.Add;
	             ^^^
Add cannot be resolved or is not a field
----------
ERROR in 
C:\java_dev\workspace\elasticsearchviewer\com.cebacus.scout.elasticsearchviewer.client\src\com\scout\elasticsearchviewer\client\forms\QueryHelper.java (at line 95)
	fieldTypeMappings = service.getFieldTypeMappings(connection, indexName, mappingName);
	                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method getFieldTypeMappings(ServerConnection, String, String) is undefined for the type IElasticsearchService
----------

Anything that has to do with the ElasticsearchService or my custom Icons in the client plugin can't be resolved. Everything else works fine. Server and shared plugin logs are empty, no errors or warnings.
Starting the application within eclipse also works and all custom Icons are shown. The Icons are located in the resources/icons folder in the client and added to the Icons class as new constants.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 October 2015 12:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Project Export Errors [message #1712374 is a reply to message #1712372] Fri, 23 October 2015 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Did I understand your case correctly?

* In your workspace, you do not have the errors.
* When you export (using the Export feature from the SDK) your get those two errors.

This is really strange, because both features use the same source and the same compiler.

What happened if you select "Projects > Clean all..."? Do you also get the errors in the workspace?
Re: Project Export Errors [message #1712376 is a reply to message #1712374] Fri, 23 October 2015 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You understand it correctly. There are actually 12 errors and 14 warnings, but all errors have to do with either Icons or ElasticsearchService. The warnings are something like 'not used' or type cast warnings I'm aware of. Starting the application within eclipse works like a charm.
I already did a clean all before build or export to avoid such weird behaviour, but it doesn't help.
Re: Project Export Errors [message #1712877 is a reply to message #1712376] Thu, 29 October 2015 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Are your dependencies correctly defined in the MANIFEST.MF of the client?
Re: Project Export Errors [message #1712924 is a reply to message #1712877] Thu, 29 October 2015 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Are your dependencies correctly defined in the MANIFEST.MF of the client?

I think so. At least right now they must be Wink
Project export is now working. But please don't ask exactly why.
I was tinkering with Maven and my project structure and the plugin dependencies for hours and something made it work.

My maven-question fits better in another thread, the discussion continues there:
Maven build / OSGi / Tycho / manifest-first

_____
Edit: Question moved to an other thread

[Updated on: Mon, 02 November 2015 19:30] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Project Export Errors [message #1749777 is a reply to message #1712372] Mon, 12 December 2016 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZOUHIR OUHAMMOU is currently offline ZOUHIR OUHAMMOUFriend
index.php/fa/27835/0/i cant't export the apk file ?? Sad help
Re: Project Export Errors [message #1749783 is a reply to message #1749777] Mon, 12 December 2016 08:11 Go to previous message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
Hi

Your screenshot does not seem to be related to the Eclipse Scout framework so you are most likely posting to the wrong forum.

In case you are working with the Android IDE based on Eclipse you might want to try one of the places mentioned here.

Please do try to formulate your question with some text as well. Just posting a screenshot does usually not go down well with people trying to help.

Best regards
Matthias
Previous Topic:AbstractPage(WithTable) ans SearchForms
Next Topic:Scout Neon & Testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:35:00 GMT 2024