Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How commit file .cproject to SVN or git(How commit file .cproject to SVN or git)
How commit file .cproject to SVN or git [message #1712243] Thu, 22 October 2015 10:55 Go to next message
Zdeno Sekerak is currently offline Zdeno SekerakFriend
Our team long time don't use file .cproject in subversion because this file It is always different. It is sufficient to open and close project and file is not ready for commit or update.

I looking for solve but without solution. When I look into file I found it that it is a XML format. Eclipse store information is still same but are switches the order of the elements is different. I made little software which sort elements.

We are use it everytime when you want commit or update. Will be better add it to "hook" operation line "pre commit" and "pre update" and it is work automatically and fashion.

Sorce of this utility is here
https://github.com/Trsek/cproject_sort

It is project in Visual Studio and is for window only (sorry).

Have nice day
Re: How commit file .cproject to SVN or git [message #1712272 is a reply to message #1712243] Thu, 22 October 2015 14:52 Go to previous message
Martin walke is currently offline Martin walkeFriend
Hi,

We also don't use it but get Subclipse to ignore it at the first Commit. If everyone does this, then it won't interfere with each other.

On your first save, right click on the project and select Team, Synchronise. When the Subclipse exporer window appears, right click the .cproject file (and maybe .settings and others if they appear) and then select "add to svn:ignore".

Martin
Previous Topic:Project builds without errors, but some semantic errors persist
Next Topic:Prebuilt index for C symbols?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:54:18 GMT 2024