Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » WTP How to contribute(Instructions on how to contribute to WTP )
WTP How to contribute [message #1712030] Tue, 20 October 2015 23:21 Go to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Hallo,

I am a potential WTP contributor and I would like to know if there is a page "WTP How to contribute", in order to learn "the proper way" on how to contribute to WTP.
In particular, I want to change how the XML editor works, and I would like to know how to edit the code and to submit my contribution to be reviewed by Eclipse WTP Committers.

My idea is to find something similar to the Platform UI contrib guide, or to the JDT core committer FAQ , in order to understand the following:

1. How to setup the development environment: which plugins are needed (is there a webToolsPlugins.p2f ?)
  2. How to get the code for WTP - as potential contributor I would like to know the Gerrit URL
  3. Which projects to import to the workspace, (is there a webToolsProjects.psf ?) to have a properly set-up development environment.
  4. Know if there are additional tweaks needed to setup the IDE, as example: install JDK 1.6 and 1.7 and 1.8, or how to setup the proper Target Platform

Thank you in advance for making me clear how to contribute, and for others that will read this post, so they will learn how to contribute too.

Kind Regards.
Patrik
Re: WTP How to contribute [message #1725847 is a reply to message #1712030] Tue, 08 March 2016 06:16 Go to previous message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
Responding to myself after some months of study:

The JSDT contribution guide now explains all the process on how to setup the JSDT development environment
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Development

Also, you can watch this video on how the setup the IDE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxfuudlau8

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2016 06:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:how to change some placeholders while compile time of eclipse
Next Topic:WTP Target Platform for JSDT / Java EE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:22:21 GMT 2024