Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Barcelona's Eclipse SDK not returning group model list(Issue with Eclipse, Barcelona-Caixa based version)
Barcelona's Eclipse SDK not returning group model list [message #1711887] Tue, 20 October 2015 09:12 Go to next message
Juan Ramirez is currently offline Juan RamirezFriend
Hi.

I work for a client that uses two different Eclipse tools. I have an issue with one of them. Basically I need to search for a group-model to create a new DB2 table, but the search box is not returning the list with the models. It just keeps searching and the text says "Actualizando" (Updating, retrieving).

I have contacted my client help desk provider and they couldn't fix the problem.

Here we called the tool that I'm having the issue with "RDA".

Today I need to use the groups feature. So I just clicked on Eclipse's help and I was redirected to this website. So hopefully you can help me.

Also as I looked further I think the tool that I need is EMF (I attached a screenshot).

I'm uploading screenshot of the version of the tool so you identify it and the tab I'm having problems.

The screen expected output is what I need to have after searching for the models in the group tab.

Thank you in advance.
Juan.
Re: Barcelona's Eclipse SDK not returning group model list [message #1712039 is a reply to message #1711887] Wed, 21 October 2015 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Juan,

EMF can model anything and EMF Query can query that data, but it's not
clear what is being models (some DB2 tables I assume, but who provides
that model?) or why it's not working...

Perhaps this installation has the PDE spy installed, in which case, when
the view has focus, Alt-Shift-F1 will bring up the Plug-in Spy which
will tell you which plugin contributed the view.

On 20/10/2015 11:12 AM, Juan Ramirez wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I work for a client that uses two different Eclipse tools. I have an issue with one of them. Basically I need to search for a group-model to create a new DB2 table, but the search box is not returning the list with the models. It just keeps searching and the text says "Actualizando" (Updating, retrieving).
>
> I have contacted my client help desk provider and they couldn't fix the problem.
>
> Here we called the tool that I'm having the issue with "RDA".
>
> Today I need to use the groups feature. So I just clicked on Eclipse's help and I was redirected to this website. So hopefully you can help me.
>
> Also as I looked further I think the tool that I need is EMF (I attached a screenshot).
>
> I'm uploading screenshot of the version of the tool so you identify it and the tab I'm having problems.
>
> The screen expected output is what I need to have after searching for the models in the group tab.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Juan.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Barcelona's Eclipse SDK not returning group model list [message #1712147 is a reply to message #1712039] Wed, 21 October 2015 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juan Ramirez is currently offline Juan RamirezFriend
Ed thanks for the reply.

What is being model is DB2 tables. I am the one who create/provide the model using this Tool:

Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2 Build id: M20120208-0800 (c) Copyright Eclipse contributors and others 2000, 2012. All rights reserved.

Then I use the second tool to import the DB2 models.
SDK de Eclipse Versión: 3.2.0 ID de creación: M20070212-1330 (c) Copyright Colaboradores de Eclipse y otros 2000, 2006.

In the second tool I open the view named literaly translated as "Groups" (Grupos) and is here where I have the problem, and this is the one that is based on EMF.

I've successful in retrieving the Plug-in Spy in the first tool, the one that works ok. I want to believe that the to tools are sister tools somehow. As a naked view both are SDK Eclipse, and the environment looks just the same.

I attached screenshots of what the spy plug in retrieved and the opening screen of each tool. It may tell you whose tools are these.

Thank you.
Re: Barcelona's Eclipse SDK not returning group model list [message #1712211 is a reply to message #1712147] Thu, 22 October 2015 04:38 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Juan,

Give focus to the actual view and then use the spy to see who/what
contributed the view itself. Here you show me just who contributed the
"Show View" menu/dialog itself.

From your first screen capture, it seems clear you're using an IBM
product so likely this view is something IBM is contributing.

On 21/10/2015 4:19 PM, Juan Ramirez wrote:
> Ed thanks for the reply.
>
> What is being model is DB2 tables. I am the one who create/provide the model using this Tool:
>
> Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2 Build id: M20120208-0800 (c) Copyright Eclipse contributors and others 2000, 2012. All rights reserved.
>
> Then I use the second tool to import the DB2 models.
> SDK de Eclipse Versión: 3.2.0 ID de creación: M20070212-1330 (c) Copyright Colaboradores de Eclipse y otros 2000, 2006.
>
> In the second tool I open the view named literaly translated as "Groups" (Grupos) and is here where I have the problem, and this is the one that is based on EMF.
>
> I've successful in retrieving the Plug-in Spy in the first tool, the one that works ok. I want to believe that the to tools are sister tools somehow. As a naked view both are SDK Eclipse, and the environment looks just the same.
>
> I attached screenshots of what the spy plug in retrieved and the opening screen of each tool. It may tell you whose tools are these.
>
> Thank you.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[EEF] Usage of view reference
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] 1.7.1: where is org.eclipse.emfforms.spi.common?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:31:00 GMT 2024