Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS
[XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711755] Mon, 19 October 2015 14:06 Go to next message
Jack Kilian is currently offline Jack KilianFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: March 2012
Member
<plugin>
	<groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
	<artifactId>xtend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>2.8.3</version>
	<configuration>
		<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
	</configuration>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<goals>								
				<goal>compile</goal>
			</goals>			
			<configuration>
				<outputDirectory>${basedir}/xtend-gen</outputDirectory>
			</configuration>
		</execution>
	</executions>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
			<artifactId>org.eclipse.xtend.lib</artifactId>
			<version>2.8.3</version>
			<type>pom</type>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</plugin>


The XCore File is located at <project>/model/my.xcore

The Build is based on Maven-Tycho.
When I call the Maven Build directly from the m2e Plugin using a typical releng within Eclipse, that is no problem. Eclipse Plugins will create the Java sources.
My problem is, that the xtend-maven-plugin will not generate the Java-Files in JENKINS without a complete Eclipse Environment based on the definition of that /model/my.xcore file.

Any ideas? Something missing for a build in Jenkins.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 October 2015 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711771 is a reply to message #1711755] Mon, 19 October 2015 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30648
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jack,

I really have no clue how to make Maven builds work. There is an
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xcore.lib dependency...

On 19/10/2015 4:06 PM, Jack Kilian wrote:
>
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
> <artifactId>xtend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.8.3</version>
> <configuration>
> <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> </configuration>
> <executions>
> <execution>
> <goals>
> <goal>compile</goal>
> </goals>
> <configuration>
> <outputDirectory>${basedir}/xtend-gen</outputDirectory>
> </configuration>
> </execution>
> </executions>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
> <artifactId>org.eclipse.xtend.lib</artifactId>
> <version>2.8.3</version>
> <type>pom</type>
> </dependency>
> </dependencies>
> </plugin>
>
>
> The XCore File is located at <project>/model/my.xcore
>
> My problem is, that the xtend-maven-plugin will not generate the
> Java-Files based on the definition of that /model/my.xcore file.
>
> The Build is based on Maven-Tycho. When I call the Maven Build
> directly from the m2e Plugin usinf a typical releng within Eclipse,
> that is no problem. Eclipse generates the Java-Files by using Eclipse
> Plugins.
>
> But when I call the whole stuff from JENKINS without Eclipse
> Environment, the Java-Files are not generated.
Re: [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711799 is a reply to message #1711771] Mon, 19 October 2015 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Kilian is currently offline Jack KilianFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: March 2012
Member
Hi Ed,
thx. So your recommendation ist to checkin the generated sources to version control system.
Then the Jenkins maven based build should work?
Best regards
Jk
Re: [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711821 is a reply to message #1711799] Tue, 20 October 2015 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30648
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jack,

Yes, that's what I do when using Xtend in Xcore. There's
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=410736 open, but I'm not
sure how to test/use any of this...

On 19/10/2015 8:45 PM, Jack Kilian wrote:
> Hi Ed,
> thx. So your recommendation ist to checkin the generated sources to
> version control system.
> Then the Jenkins maven based build should work?
> Best regards
> Jk
Re: [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711882 is a reply to message #1711821] Tue, 20 October 2015 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Kilian is currently offline Jack KilianFriend
Messages: 40
Registered: March 2012
Member
hi ed,
I check in the sources generated by the eclipse plugin, then the maven tycho build on jenkins works fine.
thx for your support
Re: [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711883 is a reply to message #1711755] Tue, 20 October 2015 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6512
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Why should the xtend-maven plugin generate code for xcore? Is there a
maven integration for xcore at all?

Tom

On 19.10.15 16:06, Jack Kilian wrote:
>
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
> <artifactId>xtend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.8.3</version>
> <configuration>
> <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> </configuration>
> <executions>
> <execution>
> <goals>
> <goal>compile</goal>
> </goals>
> <configuration>
> <outputDirectory>${basedir}/xtend-gen</outputDirectory>
> </configuration>
> </execution>
> </executions>
> <dependencies>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
> <artifactId>org.eclipse.xtend.lib</artifactId>
> <version>2.8.3</version>
> <type>pom</type>
> </dependency>
> </dependencies>
> </plugin>
>
>
> The XCore File is located at <project>/model/my.xcore
>
> My problem is, that the xtend-maven-plugin will not generate the
> Java-Files based on the definition of that /model/my.xcore file.
>
> The Build is based on Maven-Tycho. When I call the Maven Build directly
> from the m2e Plugin usinf a typical releng within Eclipse, that is no
> problem. Eclipse generates the Java-Files by using Eclipse Plugins.
>
> But when I call the whole stuff from JENKINS without Eclipse
> Environment, the Java-Files are not generated.
Re: [XCore] xtend-maven-plugin used with tycho don't generate sources on JENKINS [message #1711939 is a reply to message #1711883] Tue, 20 October 2015 11:17 Go to previous message
Guillaume Hillairet is currently offline Guillaume HillairetFriend
Messages: 93
Registered: July 2009
Member
The xtext maven plugin can be used for that, look for example at the
recommenders project
https://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.recommenders.stacktraces.model/pom.xml?id=v2.1.13




On 2015-10-20 08:58:13 +0000, Tom Schindl said:

> Why should the xtend-maven plugin generate code for xcore? Is there a
> maven integration for xcore at all?
>
> Tom
>
> On 19.10.15 16:06, Jack Kilian wrote:
>>
>> <plugin>
>> <groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
>> <artifactId>xtend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>> <version>2.8.3</version>
>> <configuration>
>> <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>> </configuration>
>> <executions>
>> <execution>
>> <goals>
>> <goal>compile</goal>
>> </goals>
>> <configuration>
>> <outputDirectory>${basedir}/xtend-gen</outputDirectory>
>> </configuration>
>> </execution>
>> </executions>
>> <dependencies>
>> <dependency>
>> <groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
>> <artifactId>org.eclipse.xtend.lib</artifactId>
>> <version>2.8.3</version>
>> <type>pom</type>
>> </dependency>
>> </dependencies>
>> </plugin>
>>
>>
>> The XCore File is located at <project>/model/my.xcore
>>
>> My problem is, that the xtend-maven-plugin will not generate the
>> Java-Files based on the definition of that /model/my.xcore file.
>>
>> The Build is based on Maven-Tycho. When I call the Maven Build directly
>> from the m2e Plugin usinf a typical releng within Eclipse, that is no
>> problem. Eclipse generates the Java-Files by using Eclipse Plugins.
>>
>> But when I call the whole stuff from JENKINS without Eclipse
>> Environment, the Java-Files are not generated.
Previous Topic:Cannot generate Model after upgrading
Next Topic:[CDO/Dawn] Deadlocking w/ Display, Dawn's handleViewInvalidationEvent, & CDO's InvalidationRunna
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 20 07:11:14 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02336 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top