Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Generation of Documentation
Generation of Documentation [message #1711711] Mon, 19 October 2015 12:13 Go to next message
Harald Kornmayer is currently offline Harald KornmayerFriend
Dear Papyrus team and users

I'm currently giving a Software Engineering Lecture and as a Eclipse guy, I plan to use the papyrus project as the tool for UML modelling. The use case modelling and the class modelling including JAVA generation of class skeleton works fine.

Now I'm looking for a method to generate from the model a documentation in latex, Word, .... ?

Is such a functionality available in Papyrus?
Where can I find information about the procedure?
Does anyone have experience with Model-to-Dokumentation generation from Papyrus?

Are there further tools which provide automated documentation generation from the model?

Any suggestion is welcome!

Harald
Re: Generation of Documentation [message #1711714 is a reply to message #1711711] Mon, 19 October 2015 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Harald,

Have you looked at GenDoc (http://www.eclipse.org/gendoc/)? Although still in incubation, it can already do a lot of things and keeps getting better.

I have heard of people using BIRT (https://www.eclipse.org/birt/), but I think that is a bit more complex of an approach.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Generation of Documentation [message #1711717 is a reply to message #1711711] Mon, 19 October 2015 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I'm using Model2Latex for the next generation OCL specification.

You can find my work in progress MWE/Java/Xtend in
http://git.eclipse.org/c/ocl/org.eclipse.ocl.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build/src/org/eclipse/ocl/examples/build/latex

Regards

Ed Willink

On 19/10/2015 13:13, Harald Kornmayer wrote:
> Dear Papyrus team and users
>
> I'm currently giving a Software Engineering Lecture and as a Eclipse
> guy, I plan to use the papyrus project as the tool for UML modelling.
> The use case modelling and the class modelling including JAVA
> generation of class skeleton works fine.
> Now I'm looking for a method to generate from the model a
> documentation in latex, Word, .... ?
> Is such a functionality available in Papyrus? Where can I find
> information about the procedure? Does anyone have experience with
> Model-to-Dokumentation generation from Papyrus?
> Are there further tools which provide automated documentation
> generation from the model?
> Any suggestion is welcome!
> Harald
Re: Generation of Documentation [message #1711718 is a reply to message #1711714] Mon, 19 October 2015 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

GenDoc is properly integrated with Papyrus and can be used immediately, but only generates Word/Open Office documents.

BIRT is more powerful and flexible but requires a little bit of development to be used. AFAIK, there is no Papyrus connector for BIRT yet

For other formats, I'd go for Model-to-Text transformations (e.g. using Xtend), but this also requires specific development.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Generation of Documentation [message #1795778 is a reply to message #1711718] Fri, 28 September 2018 13:50 Go to previous message
pxDoc Team is currently offline pxDoc TeamFriend
Hi,

You can also use pxDoc and its integration with Papyrus.

pxDoc is a new way of generating documents with a dedicated language (only ~30 keywords) integrated with the Java world. Since pxDoc works on the Java level directly, you can take any Java object as input for your generation. You can have a look at the pxDoc documentation, and the pxDoc-Papyrus integration.

Note that you will need to install Xtext and pxDoc before installing the pxDoc-Papyrus integration.

Have fun with pxDoc !

Kind regards,
the pxDoc Team
Previous Topic:Create diagram programmatically from uml file
Next Topic:Image / document generation from model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:51:35 GMT 2024