Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE
Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711630] Sun, 18 October 2015 18:00 Go to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Hey gang,

I've put together a preview release of the Arduino C++ IDE based on CDT 8.8.1 (plus a build or two) and posted it to the Eclipse Marketplace. You can see it here:

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/arduino-c-ide

I've written a little more about it on my blog here:

http://cdtdoug.ca/2015/10/17/introducing-the-arduino-c-ide-for-eclipse/

And created a howto video on Youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPqsJUXFFnQ

For those who haven't seen it, the Arduino C++ IDE brings together all the work we've done on the Launch Bar and the org.eclipse.remote TM system as well as a start on some of the ideas for CDT 9.0's new build system. It's a exemplary implementation of my vision for Eclipse. I'd love any feedback you have pro or con to help fine tune that vision.

Thanks!
Doug.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711641 is a reply to message #1711630] Sun, 18 October 2015 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Faisal Iqbal is currently offline Faisal IqbalFriend
Awesome job Doug,

Using it for last few days, it works great. And I found out via your howto video that there is Connections window that only showed up after resetting perspective in Eclipse.

I have a minor issue with the library path on Win10 64bit when I compile for ESP8266 and use Wire or SPI libs. The plugin passes AVR path to Xtensa compiler, which gives error on compile.

// chall3ng3r //

Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711745 is a reply to message #1711630] Mon, 19 October 2015 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

Need some help here. I'm new to Eclipse so bear with me.

I followed your YouTube tutorial using Ubuntu 14.04. When i try to install my board (Arduino Leonardo) i get "No valid system found for avr-gcc". I installed the toolchain using
sudo apt-get install gcc-avr binutils-avr gdb-avr avr-libc avrdude

but the error is still there.
index.php/fa/23609/0/
  • Attachment: Issue.png
    (Size: 143.72KB, Downloaded 3071 times)
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711775 is a reply to message #1711745] Mon, 19 October 2015 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Peter The Arduino C++ doesn't use the avr-gcc found on the system. It installs it's own from the Arduino web site.

I have to admit I haven't tested Linux yet. I'll give it a try and see if I can reproduce this. The error dialog is telling me it can't find a version of avr-gcc to run on your system. Please raise a bug so I don't forget. Thanks!
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711777 is a reply to message #1711641] Mon, 19 October 2015 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@chall3ng3r Cool. Thanks! Yeah, there are some tricks that the video explains that you really need. Glad I got it out there.

BTW, please raise a bug on the library issue. I haven't tested that on non AVR boards so I have a feeling I've hardcoded something somewhere. Thanks!
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711819 is a reply to message #1711777] Mon, 19 October 2015 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Faisal Iqbal is currently offline Faisal IqbalFriend
Thanks for your reply.

I filed a bug report.

// chall3ng3r //
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1711850 is a reply to message #1711775] Tue, 20 October 2015 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Doug Schaefer wrote on Mon, 19 October 2015 15:03
Please raise a bug so I don't forget. Thanks!

OK. I have filed a bug report.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1712378 is a reply to message #1711630] Fri, 23 October 2015 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi again,

I need more help with Eclipse.

My issue now is that Eclipse don't recognize my /dev/ttyACM0 as a serial device. The kernel detects the device when i hook up my Arduino Leonardo through USB:
index.php/fa/23681/0/

Eclipse don't when i try to create a new connection:
index.php/fa/23682/0/

I have tried to add "-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyACM0" to the eclipse.ini file as they describe in this thread:
https://github.com/jantje/arduino-eclipse-plugin/issues/7

The strange thing is that Arduino IDE finds the device and everything works.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Attachment: dmesg.png
    (Size: 123.96KB, Downloaded 2896 times)
  • Attachment: Eclipse.png
    (Size: 21.96KB, Downloaded 2936 times)
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1712385 is a reply to message #1712378] Fri, 23 October 2015 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're doing nothing wrong. Please raise a bug. I don't have support for serial ports of that name pattern. I can easily add it though.

BTW, we're not using rxtx. CDT has it's own native serial support and I'm using that.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1712388 is a reply to message #1712385] Fri, 23 October 2015 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Issue reported Smile
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1712902 is a reply to message #1712388] Thu, 29 October 2015 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oleg Bejenari is currently offline Oleg BejenariFriend
Hi,
I was looking for Sparkfun BMP085 library in libraries selection dialog but it wasn't there, so I had to put its sources into my project's root.
Digging a bit through ~/.arduinocdt directory I've found library_index.json file which however seems to be overwritten on each eclipse restart so I thought it might be helpful to have a possibility to register a custom library index file just like with package ones?
Besides that the plugin seems to be really cool and easy to use! Great job!
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1712974 is a reply to message #1712902] Thu, 29 October 2015 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Oleg that's a great idea. Please raise an enhancement request for bugzilla for that so we can track it.

I also have a request for supporting Arduino Library projects so that you can make your own libraries. I'll be running into that soon a I want to see if I can get the mbedTLS library working for ESP8266.

BTW, speaking of enhancement requests, we have a good collection now and more keep coming in. If you know Eclipse plug-in development and want to help out, just let me know.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713120 is a reply to message #1711630] Sat, 31 October 2015 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Onuralp SEZER is currently offline Onuralp SEZERFriend
Hello ;
I did everything I setup my arduino system and I had two problems so far.

1. How can I add custom library without click properties/library part because when I put the library files (zip file) under .arduinocdt/libraries/ It's not working. Is there any config file I need to know about that.

2 . I have problem with serial monitor because when I type "println" It's still go further and make really ugly screen(It's in attachment)
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713756 is a reply to message #1713120] Fri, 06 November 2015 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulf Larsson is currently offline Ulf LarssonFriend
Nice tool and I tried to install and test it accroding to the indrodution video but for some reasone I fail to build the application (on two computers).
I don't know what misstake I have done but the output from the build is like this,

Building HelloArduino
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "../HelloArduino.cpp" -o "uno/project/HelloArduino.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/abi.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/abi.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/abi.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/CDC.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/CDC.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/CDC.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial0.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial0.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial0.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial1.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial1.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial1.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial2.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial2.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial2.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial3.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial3.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial3.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/hooks.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/hooks.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/hooks.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/IPAddress.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/IPAddress.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/IPAddress.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/main.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/main.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/main.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/new.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/new.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/new.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/PluggableUSB.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/PluggableUSB.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/PluggableUSB.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/Print.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/Print.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/Print.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/Stream.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/Stream.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/Stream.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/Tone.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/Tone.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/Tone.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/USBCore.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/wiring.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/wiring_analog.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_analog.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_analog.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -x assembler-with-cpp -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.S" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.S.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.S.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/wiring_shift.c" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_shift.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/wiring_shift.c.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/WMath.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/WMath.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/WMath.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino" -I"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/variants/standard" "C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/avr/1.6.9/cores/arduino/WString.cpp" -o "uno/platform/cores/arduino/WString.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-ar" rcs "{archive_file_path}" "uno/platform/cores/arduino/WString.cpp.o"
"C:/Users/seullar/.arduinocdt/tools/arduino/avr-gcc/4.8.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc" -w -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega328p -o "uno/HelloArduino.elf" uno/project/HelloArduino.cpp.o "uno/core.a" "-Luno" -lm
avr-gcc: error: uno/core.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [uno/HelloArduino.elf] Error 1uno.mk:51: recipe for target 'uno/HelloArduino.elf' failed

Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713802 is a reply to message #1713756] Fri, 06 November 2015 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For everyone seeing the core.a no such file or directory error, please update to the latest build (Help -> Check for Updates). There was a recent change to the Arduino config files that I had to adapt to.

The bug is here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=481469, please update it if you still see the error.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713854 is a reply to message #1713802] Sat, 07 November 2015 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've updated today but the error is still here. (Running eclipse Mars.1 on Ubuntu 14.04).
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713881 is a reply to message #1713854] Sat, 07 November 2015 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Austenfeld is currently offline Marcel AustenfeldFriend
Dear Doug,

first of all thanks for the great plugin which is exactly the tool I was waiting for.

However I tried to built an example for Windows 10 (64-bit) with the Arduino Mega 2560 but it fails with the following built message:

avr-gcc: error: mega/core.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [mega/ArduinoMega.elf] Error 1mega.mk:51: recipe for target 'mega/ArduinoMega.elf' failed.

The plugin itself was installed today from the Marketplace client.

In addition I installed the plugin in an RCP application and the toolbar is always visible (which takes some space and moves the default tools to the right).

Would it be possible to make it only visible if, e.g., the cdt perspective is selected or active?

Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713886 is a reply to message #1713881] Sat, 07 November 2015 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apologies those who tried it and it still didn't work. I posted the old build again for some reason. Sorry about that. I have the new build up and I've tested it this time Smile.

BTW, due to the way the Makefile is created you need to do a clean first. That can be done by selecting the project and in the context menu select "Clean Project", or just simply removing the "build" directory in your project.

Thanks for your patience!
Doug
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713896 is a reply to message #1713886] Sat, 07 November 2015 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Austenfeld is currently offline Marcel AustenfeldFriend
Thanks! Now it works on Win 10. Very cool to do everything in Eclipse.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713899 is a reply to message #1713896] Sat, 07 November 2015 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! Works fine on Ubuntu!
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713917 is a reply to message #1711630] Sun, 08 November 2015 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
natasia natasia is currently offline natasia natasiaFriend
Great Job,

for me, it works fine with Windows 10 x64 Eclipse Version: Mars.1 Release (4.5.1)

Thanks!
natasia
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1713942 is a reply to message #1713886] Sun, 08 November 2015 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Muehlstrasser is currently offline Stephan MuehlstrasserFriend
Hello Doug,

Doug Schaefer wrote on Sat, 07 November 2015 09:25
Apologies those who tried it and it still didn't work. I posted the old build again for some reason. Sorry about that. I have the new build up and I've tested it this time Smile.

I had installed the Arduino plugin in the middle of October, and if I understand it correctly there's a newer version now. But when I click "Check for Updates..." nothing happens.

I have the following according to the Eclipse Installation Details:

Arduino C++ Tools - Preview 8.8.0.201510261756

How do I get the current version?

Thanks
Stephan
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1714066 is a reply to message #1713942] Mon, 09 November 2015 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulf Larsson is currently offline Ulf LarssonFriend
Thanks Doug, now it complies nice on both computers (win7/win8).
No time for testing this nice tool.

Thanks
Ulf
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1714348 is a reply to message #1712378] Thu, 12 November 2015 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philip Stott is currently offline Philip StottFriend
Hey Peter,

Might be worth checking if you are a member of the dialout group - Ubuntu can be a bit awkward if not.

Command to add: sudo adduser $USER dialout

Best,

Phil
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1714689 is a reply to message #1714348] Sun, 15 November 2015 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've followed the instructions in the YouTube video linked from the first post in this thread, and now I'm able to upload simple sketches to an Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 board, great!

Now I wanted to try a more advances example and do a Wifi connection, but I can't find a way to add the ESP8266 Arduino libraries to my project. The libraries are present in the directory <HOME>\.arduinocdt\hardware\esp8266\esp8266\1.6.5-947-g39819f0\libraries, but there's no way to add them to the project.

Is there some sort of manual configuration necessary to gain access to the ESP8266 libraries?

Thanks
Stephan
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1714937 is a reply to message #1714689] Tue, 17 November 2015 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you list the libraries for your project when an ESP8266 board is selected in the launchbar, do you not see those libraries? Do you have the latest build? That wasn't working for a while but fixed it a couple of weeks ago. Please raise a bug if you don't see them.
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1714958 is a reply to message #1714937] Tue, 17 November 2015 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer wrote on Tue, 17 November 2015 13:12
When you list the libraries for your project when an ESP8266 board is selected in the launchbar, do you not see those libraries? Do you have the latest build? That wasn't working for a while but fixed it a couple of weeks ago. Please raise a bug if you don't see them.

To my suprise I suddenly see them. And I now understand why I didn't see them before:

You need to perform at least once a build via tha launch bar, and then the libraries are visible. If you create a new Arduino project and immediately go to "Libraries" in the project properties, for example the "ESP8266Wifi" library isn't there, although my ESP8266 Huzzah board is selected in the launch bar.

Is that working as designed, or should I file a bug for this?
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1716500 is a reply to message #1711630] Fri, 04 December 2015 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannes Kleiner is currently offline Hannes KleinerFriend
Working with the Arduino Due and the Arduino C++ IDE. When building my project this error occurs. Any idea?:
In file included from ../HelloArduino.cpp:1:0:
C:/Users/u16n25/.arduinocdt/hardware/arduino/sam/1.6.6/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:42:18: fatal error: chip.h: No such file or directory
 #include <chip.h>

BR
Hannes
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1717589 is a reply to message #1716500] Tue, 15 December 2015 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Gheorghe is currently offline Vlad GheorgheFriend
Hi Hannes,
I'be got similar errors when the board declared in the Arduino cdt configuration didn'the match the actual hw.
Check that your board model is installed in the idea and the connection uses the right model.
Hth
Vlad

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2015 06:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1717662 is a reply to message #1717589] Tue, 15 December 2015 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannes Kleiner is currently offline Hannes KleinerFriend
Hey Vlad
I don't think that causes the problem. I downloaded the right software for the Arduino Due (SAM boards) and could choose the Due in the target configuration. I am using a Arduino Due R3 - E. Do you have any other suggestions?
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1720436 is a reply to message #1717662] Mon, 18 January 2016 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daniel daniel is currently offline daniel danielFriend
how can i add custom libraries ? (Blynk for instance is not in the library list)

and can i add libraries with just the includes statement if they were already downloaded for a different project?
Re: Introducing the Arduino C++ IDE [message #1793636 is a reply to message #1720436] Mon, 13 August 2018 02:37 Go to previous message
Lawrence Emke is currently offline Lawrence EmkeFriend
If the library is downloaded, you have to add the library to your project to be able to use the #include (see window/show view/Project Explorer/you project/properties/libraries. select the
libraries you want to be valid in your project.
Previous Topic:Updating Expressions in a C++ program using the CDT without eclipse
Next Topic:Change environment variables for own toolchain includes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:11:59 GMT 2024