Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » [Docshare] Share Editor to the team
[Docshare] Share Editor to the team [message #1711322] Thu, 15 October 2015 02:11 Go to next message
Darron Park is currently offline Darron ParkFriend
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I've just installed ECF to do real-time collaboration for the first time.

I studied it for 2days and now it's "Sharing Editor" function is perfectly working!!

But, I realized that I can only share editor with one person. Not more than 2.
The function that I needed was Share Editor to all of my teammates Sad

I just wondered is there a function that shares editor to more than 2 people, or if there is any plan to make it possible in the future:)
(I saw similar project called "RT Shared Editing" but whenever I try to share the editor to my teammates, it sends open command to all of my teammates and if there's no matching project or file in their local eclipse, it fails. So I like the way that current docshare does)

**Excuse my bad English Smile
Re: [Docshare] Share Editor to the team [message #1711408 is a reply to message #1711322] Thu, 15 October 2015 16:44 Go to previous message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Darron Park wrote on Wed, 14 October 2015 22:11
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I've just installed ECF to do real-time collaboration for the first time.

Welcome!

Quote:

I studied it for 2days and now it's "Sharing Editor" function is perfectly working!!

But, I realized that I can only share editor with one person. Not more than 2.
The function that I needed was Share Editor to all of my teammates Sad

I just wondered is there a function that shares editor to more than 2 people, or if there is any plan to make it possible in the future:)
(I saw similar project called "RT Shared Editing" but whenever I try to share the editor to my teammates, it sends open command to all of my teammates and if there's no matching project or file in their local eclipse, it fails. So I like the way that current docshare does)

There were plans to extend the shared editor to more than 2 people, but the committer that started/did much of this work (Mustafa Isik) is no longer contributing to ECF. Here's a very nice video demonstration he did at the time: https://vimeo.com/1195398.

I'll send Mustafa an email to see if we can re-engage him. I agree it would be nice to have multi-user docshare (and extend docshare in other ways), but lacking contributions or direct support the project currently doesn't have the resources to do this.

If you would like to get involved and start a coordinated effort to add this functionality and revive work on docshare/cola, I would be willing to participate and assist.

If you would like to do this, or get involved/help with ECF in other ways, I would suggest that you join the ecf-dev mailing list at: https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/ecf-dev

Thanks for your interest and use of ECF!
Previous Topic:BIRT - Girid is not working while deploying
Next Topic:Cannot connect to my Gmail or MSN accounts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:36:55 GMT 2024