Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Target platform resolves from invalid(?) locations
Target platform resolves from invalid(?) locations [message #1711229] Wed, 14 October 2015 08:39 Go to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
Hi,

when I try to open a target definition file in the target editor I can see that it tries to resolve from locations that are not part of the current target file. In the Progress View I can see messages of "computing prerequisite plan" indicating locations that were part of my target platform in the past, but are not part of it anymore.

As some of those outdated pages do not exist anymore, I often run into timeouts. Together with a nasty company proxy this causes all kinds of issues while resolving.

I guess that there exist caches for target platform locations that are used while resolving. Is there a way to get rid of those caches without creating a new workspace?

And is it intended behavior that resolving contacts sites which are clearly not part of the target platform?

thanks
Christian
Re: Target platform resolves from invalid(?) locations [message #1711318 is a reply to message #1711229] Thu, 15 October 2015 00:31 Go to previous message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
Hi Christian,
Though PDE extensively uses p2, it seems to me that the problem lies in PDE's usage of p2, so I think you are better off opening a bug there with detailed steps.
HTH

Pascal
Previous Topic:Shared install vs. bundle pooling
Next Topic:java.io.IOException: File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: ... eclipse.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:38:03 GMT 2024