Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Enable Debug in Custom Editor(Enabling debug (toolbar/menu) commands in a custom [not JavaEditor] editor)
Enable Debug in Custom Editor [message #1711125] Tue, 13 October 2015 10:05 Go to next message
Bob Flannigon is currently offline Bob FlannigonFriend
I've created a custom editor that is based on TextEditor (so nothing to do with JavaEditor). I'm trying to enable debugging with in this editor but I'm not able to work out how to hook into the debug toolbar.

Ideally I'd enable the toolbar [buttons] when Debug is run and handle the events myself as they come in although there could be other ways.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Re: Enable Debug in Custom Editor [message #1712961 is a reply to message #1711125] Thu, 29 October 2015 15:11 Go to previous message
Bob Flannigon is currently offline Bob FlannigonFriend
The following article provides a [rather awkward] demo but it contains enough information to enable debugging in a custom editor (including toggle breakpoints, breakpoint and debug views): https://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html

Note: You may need to open the Debug view and select your launch delegate from the list in order for the debug toolbar to enable correctly.
Previous Topic:SWT Browser on Windows
Next Topic:Event.{x,y} are zero
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:38:41 GMT 2024