Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Explanation of eclipse C++ build settings, includes, paths and symbols
Explanation of eclipse C++ build settings, includes, paths and symbols [message #1710246] Mon, 05 October 2015 13:47 Go to next message
Imogen Riley is currently offline Imogen RileyFriend
I am new to C++ and currently using eclipse for development. I've been attempting to use various libraries and have followed tutorials 'robotically' to get them working, as opposed to understanding what I've actually been doing. Specifically, in eclipse there are many project settings that I am trying to get my head around: include paths, include files, defined/undefined symbols, libraries, library search paths, paths and symbols.

I am struggling to find good explanations for these online and more importantly when importing libraries, how to do so in a logical manner. Any help or links would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 October 2015 23:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Explanation of eclipse C++ build settings, includes, paths and symbols [message #1711564 is a reply to message #1710246] Sat, 17 October 2015 11:06 Go to previous message
Tracy Miranda is currently offline Tracy MirandaFriend
Hi,

It's a pretty broad question. There is some amount of description in CDT help here http://help.eclipse.org/mars/nav/10_4_7_0_4_5

Can you provide more details about what you mean by importing libraries? e.g. are they precompiled, are you building from source, etc.
Previous Topic:Remote Debugging without local binary?
Next Topic:Include paths incorrect on build server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:58:36 GMT 2024