Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received!(Papyrus 1.2 release schedule)
Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1709448] Mon, 28 September 2015 13:04 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hi there so as you can probably guess from my several posts, I have been evaluating papyrus for past couple of weeks and in my install (1.1 on Windows 7) I have some show-stopper bugs:
- Sequence diagrams and deployment diagrams are unusable (see my previous posts)
- Notes and graphical objects are unusable

I'm starting my project today and sadly the conclusion is that I cannot use Papyrus with current limitations. If anyone has info on when these issues will be solved and a fully working release will be available please let me know!

Papyrus seems to be shaping up to a fantastic tool, so it would be great if I can entrust my projects to it.
Re: Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1710935 is a reply to message #1709448] Sun, 11 October 2015 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fredrik Johansson is currently offline Fredrik JohanssonFriend
I tried Papyrus on my Mac, and my impression was that it was very unstable. Of cause it might have been beginner misstakes, but I have used other modeling tools, so I'm not new to UML. I got model inconsistencies, and strange error messages. And that only in very basic class and state diagrams made only for evaluation purposes.

My impression was that the development of new functionality must stop, and that all focus shall be concentrated on making the legacy rock solid.

Again, there is a chance that I've made a bad installation or something like that. Is it possible to use Papyrus for professional development in this stage? Is anyone doing that with success?

NB, I'm not ranting. I really want to know, because I really want to use it.
Re: Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1711142 is a reply to message #1710935] Tue, 13 October 2015 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

As indicated in the Mars roadmap, we are still working hard on the tests and non-regressions tests on Papyrus project. We are also constantly improving the way the committers work together, so we can go for more bug reduction, as for example using the AERI tool to see which errors are found by our users.

The sequence diagram developments were kind of complex, as this diagram is a specific one (strict layout, different concept than the usual node - link / container contained relationships). We have a modernization task about sequence diagram running for Neon release, that can be also reported to Mars release if possible: 474048: [Sequence Diagram] Should be generated with latest version of generators
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=474048. This will give us a chance to fix lots of bugs on this diagram coming from its specific architecture.

In the meantime, we are very intereted to have some feedback from our users, and try to answer as fast as we can. Please fill free to report any bug you have on the diagrams, and check if the bugs are still present in the coming release.

Regards,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1711252 is a reply to message #1711142] Wed, 14 October 2015 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice answer, thank you Remi.
Re: Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1715667 is a reply to message #1711252] Wed, 25 November 2015 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coming back to this topic, I excluded Papyrus from my current project due to issues mentioned in my previous posts. Looking at 2016 projects, It would be helpful if I have some indications on plans to fix following issues either in current or next release (I could not find any info on papyrus homepage): I have submitted relative bug / enhancement reports via Bugzilla
- Word wrap on Classifiers in diagrams
- CSS setting to have all Edges point to the center of Classifiers instead of some point on the periphery of Classifier
- CSS setting to remove the "Imported" squiggle on Classifiers in diagrams
- Paste from Excel / Import from Excel into Nat Table works for generic tables
- Nat tables have a column showing the Classifier type (so the table can be sorted/filtered by Classifier type)
- Activity Diagrams have option to draw swimlanes horizontally
- SysML is an add-on Component to Papyrus, not integral part

Thank you to Papyrus developers and let me know if any info! Cheers

Re: Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1716918 is a reply to message #1715667] Wed, 09 December 2015 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paste from Excel / Import from Excel into Nat Table for generic tables works after latest update! Thanks papyrus developers! Hopefully we can have the other enhancements listed above in next release. Cheers!
Re: Any info on stable release with resolution of current bugs is gratefully received! [message #1731408 is a reply to message #1715667] Thu, 05 May 2016 02:15 Go to previous message
Hello

it's great to see Papyrus improvements in Tables and I read that even more are coming in the Neon release. Looking forward to it!

I am evaluating Papyrus 2.0.0 nightly build and I think it's still impossible to word wrap text on classifiers in any diagram. There are a few bugs marked 'Assigned' on Bugzilla about this, one of them is 361852.

It would be great if this got resolved in Neon! Cheers

Ri Fr wrote on Wed, 25 November 2015 07:40
Coming back to this topic, I excluded Papyrus from my current project due to issues mentioned in my previous posts. Looking at 2016 projects, It would be helpful if I have some indications on plans to fix following issues either in current or next release (I could not find any info on papyrus homepage): I have submitted relative bug / enhancement reports via Bugzilla
- Word wrap on Classifiers in diagrams
- CSS setting to have all Edges point to the center of Classifiers instead of some point on the periphery of Classifier
- CSS setting to remove the "Imported" squiggle on Classifiers in diagrams
- Paste from Excel / Import from Excel into Nat Table works for generic tables
- Nat tables have a column showing the Classifier type (so the table can be sorted/filtered by Classifier type)
- Activity Diagrams have option to draw swimlanes horizontally
- SysML is an add-on Component to Papyrus, not integral part

Thank you to Papyrus developers and let me know if any info! Cheers

Previous Topic:[Table] Problem markers don't show if displayIcon=false
Next Topic:owned parameter in, without name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:39:40 GMT 2024