Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Creating custom, web-based editor(for my domain specific language)
Creating custom, web-based editor [message #1708977] Wed, 23 September 2015 06:20
John Cole is currently offline John ColeFriend
Hello everyone,

I've implemented a domain specific language (DSL) with Xtext and created my own Eclipse IDE based on that DSL.

The created IDE allows to define models with elements and element-specific parameters. Example:

Element MyElement
    "Comment for my element"
    subelement MySubelement
    parameter1 1.0
    parameter2 88.3
    parameter3 12.1
end MyElement

Subelement MySubelement
    "Comment for my subelement"
    parameter4 2.1
    parameter5 11.2
end MySubelement

I implemented a possibility to transform the model (but this is not the problem). The editor for the model definition is the standard text editor.

The parameters (parameter1, parameter2, ...) are defined in my Xtext language definition, as well as the elements (Element, Subelement, ...). Also the data types.

I now want to offer another editor, which is not a text editor but something like a form. The user should be able to open the model in it throgh right click on the model file > open with > DSL Form Editor. It should then look similar to the following mockup:

http://s9.postimg.org/6esj2frxb/screen.png

particularly important are the units for the parameters.
I thought about using the build-in web broweser and create the form using web technologies.

As I am new to Xtext and Eclipse-plugin-development I don't really know what could be the best way to implement that. Maybe there is also another, better solution.

Could someone help?
Previous Topic:Xtext Builder does not restart if output deleted
Next Topic:Undo/Redo operations over Xtext model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:27:20 GMT 2024