Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable??
is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1708893] Tue, 22 September 2015 10:05 Go to next message
Rashmi Tr is currently offline Rashmi TrFriend
Hello,
I am using SpanningDataLayer for the Nattable with 57 columns. My actual Requirment is :
The First Column, which rows are apanned ,should be fixed and rest 56 Columns are divided in 7 groups. Spanning row size is fixed and if rows are more than the fixed size then scrollbar should come at the end of each group inside the Nattable.

How can this be done ?? Any Idea...

Till now I tried like VerticalSplitViewportExample, so the scrollbar is coming at the end of Nattable . And In this Situation I am having problem in freezing the first Column . I have many ViewportLayers and on each ViewportLayer i have compositeFreezeLayer. I tried like below in which data in First ViewportLayer
is showing correctly but in rest ViewportLayers first Column is coming two times.
natTable.doCommand (new FreezeColumnCommand (compositeFreezeLayerList.get(0), 0));

In this Situation How can i prevent doppeling of freezed column??
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1708926 is a reply to message #1708893] Tue, 22 September 2015 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Do I understand correctly that you want to have multiple viewports with a CompositeFreezeLayer on top of each?

Never heard of such a requirement, nor do I know if we even support such a complex composition.

Regarding your question, the double shown columns on freeze are a bug regarding the freezelayer and viewportlayer connection. There was quite some work on this, so maybe it is fixed already. Which version are you using?
If you are using the latest SNAPSHOT and still see the issue, it might be still a bug for compositions where split viewports and the freeze layer are combined.
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1708984 is a reply to message #1708926] Wed, 23 September 2015 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and for the initial question in the title, no it is not possible to have multiple scrollbars within a NatTable.
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1708986 is a reply to message #1708984] Wed, 23 September 2015 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for your Reply.

What I am trying you understood very well. I am using latest version 1.3.0 and still getting the above Problem.

Is there any other Way to meet my Requirement which I mentioned in my First Post( To have Scrollbar at the end of each column group inside Nattable ) ??
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1708987 is a reply to message #1708986] Wed, 23 September 2015 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh I read your last Reply now only . Thanks for that as well.
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1709004 is a reply to message #1708987] Wed, 23 September 2015 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
I am using latest version 1.3.0 and still getting the above Problem.

That is the current release version. I asked to test with the latest SNAPSHOT version, because IIRC I have fixed a related issue after the release, so it should be available in the upcoming 1.4.0 release.

http://download.eclipse.org/nattable/snapshots/

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=470061
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1709239 is a reply to message #1709004] Fri, 25 September 2015 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tested with the latest SNAPSHOT version still freezed column is appearing two times.
Re: is it possible to have scrollbar inside Nattable?? [message #1709242 is a reply to message #1709239] Fri, 25 September 2015 08:09 Go to previous message
In that case feel free to create a ticket in Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=NatTable

And please provide a simple example of your composition with the multiple viewports and freeze compositions, so I am able to verify this.
Previous Topic:New thread for updating a glazed lists object within event handler?
Next Topic:Quick Search feature in the Excel like filters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:57:40 GMT 2024