Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Cheat sheet functionality(Cheat sheet possible functionality and any good documentation for it?)
Cheat sheet functionality [message #1708861] Tue, 22 September 2015 01:36 Go to next message
Blake McIvor is currently offline Blake McIvorFriend
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me on the cheat sheet functionality included in eclipse..

I know its not a more commonly used functionality, but I am currently working on a project creating a getting started experience for a plugin set.

This project has the ability to collect a users data that they input through a simulated eclipse wizard in a web application.

I was wondering if it were possible with cheat sheets to automate it enough where in the XML script you load into eclipse.. is there a way of populating the wizard in eclipse from data within the XML script?

as in, if there is a field in the wizard for a project name, you could set a value within the script to complete the textbox for project name within the wizard?

Is there any other more in-depth documentation on creating your own cheat sheets? I've got the basics down pat, I've been using the editor to get my head around the command serialization requirements, but it seems a little buggy.

Any guidance towards documentation or suggestions on other ways of achieving the functionality would be greatful.

Thanks.
Re: Cheat sheet functionality [message #1709063 is a reply to message #1708861] Wed, 23 September 2015 15:53 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I think Cheat Sheets fall under the User Assistance umbrella. Moving this message to that forum.
Previous Topic:Language parameter -nl does not work with the standalone help viewer
Next Topic:HttpcontextId of RAP workbench
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:47:16 GMT 2024