Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse(Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse)
Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse [message #1708311] Tue, 15 September 2015 11:46 Go to next message
alain dee is currently offline alain deeFriend
Hello,

I have installed Websphere 8 in my machine. I am using Eclipse Juno IDE. I have added Websphere 8 in the servers section of my Eclipse IDE. The problem is when I start the server from Eclipse, it hangs. When I check the console I could see that the server is already started because it already shows "Server server1 open for e-business". When I access the admin console, I can see that it is already up. Whats weird is, the server status in my eclipse still shows "[Starting, Synchronized]" then after sometime it stops the server because it says this...

"Server WebSphere Application Server v8.0 at localhost was unable to start within 300 seconds. If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the server editor."

I don't even have any apps deployed in it yet and when I increase the timeout, the same thing still happens. I already have increased by timeout up to 3600 seconds and still the same result

can anyone help me on this? could this be an eclipse problem and not websphere?

i have attached screenshots
  • Attachment: console.png
    (Size: 61.93KB, Downloaded 333 times)
  • Attachment: console2.png
    (Size: 33.32KB, Downloaded 355 times)
Re: Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse [message #1708325 is a reply to message #1708311] Tue, 15 September 2015 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 09/15/2015 06:04 AM, alain dee wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed Websphere 8 in my machine. I am using Eclipse Juno IDE. I have added Websphere 8 in the servers section of my Eclipse IDE. The problem is when I start the server from Eclipse, it hangs. When I check the console I could see that the server is already started because it already shows "Server server1 open for e-business". When I access the admin console, I can see that it is already up. Whats weird is, the server status in my eclipse still shows "[Starting, Synchronized]" then after sometime it stops the server because it says this...
> "Server WebSphere Application Server v8.0 at localhost was unable to start within 300 seconds. If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the server editor."
> I don't even have any apps deployed in it yet and when I increase the timeout, the same thing still happens. I already have increased by timeout up to 3600 seconds and still the same result
> can anyone help me on this? could this be an eclipse problem and not websphere?
>
> i have attached screenshots

Better asked in the Eclipse Web Tools Platform (WTP) forum.
Re: Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse [message #1708326 is a reply to message #1708311] Tue, 15 September 2015 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alain dee is currently offline alain deeFriend
where can i find it?
Re: Websphere server hangs on startup in Eclipse [message #1708334 is a reply to message #1708326] Tue, 15 September 2015 14:44 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 09/15/2015 07:52 AM, alain dee wrote:
> where can i find it?

Where you found this forum, only down further under Projects.
Previous Topic:How to Do python programming in Eclipse?
Next Topic:Using the Android MQTT client sample
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:14:32 GMT 2024