Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » OSX menu item for About and Preference appear twice
OSX menu item for About and Preference appear twice [message #1708112] Sun, 13 September 2015 22:14 Go to next message
Alain Picard is currently offline Alain PicardFriend
Our RCP application displays the Preference and About menu options at the Mac location under our "App Name" top left menu bar item and also under Window and Help respectively.

Googling didn't bring any interesting results.

Has anybody ever seen this? Or as any clue to guide me.

Thanks
Alain
Re: OSX menu item for About and Preference appear twice [message #1708119 is a reply to message #1708112] Mon, 14 September 2015 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
There is code in org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa's org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler that removes any occurrences of the Window > Preference and Help > About on menu changes and new shells being opened. Check and see if the redirectHandledMenuItems() method is being triggered.
Re: OSX menu item for About and Preference appear twice [message #1708176 is a reply to message #1708119] Mon, 14 September 2015 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alain Picard is currently offline Alain PicardFriend
Thanks Brian for the great pointer.

In debugging I see that the code is called but the problem in that the element id that I get are "preferences" and "about" and the expected values are "org.eclipse.ui.window.preferences" and "org.eclipse.ui.help.aboutAction" which don't really match. BTW all the element ids that I see are single word and never full ids.

Any more clue from this point?

Thanks
Alain
Re: OSX menu item for About and Preference appear twice [message #1708215 is a reply to message #1708176] Mon, 14 September 2015 16:52 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Check your ActionBarAdvisor: it's responsible for filling in the menu items, and my guess is that your advisor is adding those items.

If you're generating these programmatically, your code should use the command constants in IWorkbenchCommandConstants (specifically HELP_ABOUT and WINDOW_PREFERENCES).
Previous Topic:Different branding same RCP Application
Next Topic:How to get secondary id of active view (multiple instances of same view)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:31:39 GMT 2024