Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » bundle native code in mainfest not working(bundle native code in mainfest not working)
bundle native code in mainfest not working [message #1707983] Fri, 11 September 2015 08:19 Go to next message
Yeshaswini HS is currently offline Yeshaswini HSFriend
I have created a small application to create a testcase in QC using jacob.
jacob jar comes along with native library jacob-1.17-M3-x86.dll

I wanted to create a jar file out of my application which inclused external libraries jacob.jar as well as native library
jacob-1.17-M3-x86.dll. To do this i included
Bundle-NativeCode: lib/jacob-1.17-M3-x86.dll;
processor=Intel(R)Core(TM)i3-3220; osname=Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, in my MANIFEST.MF

and i export my plugin into a runnable jar library handling checked as extract required libraries into generated jar say QCJAr.jar.

After this i created another java project and in the configure build path i have added the above generated jar.In the main method trying to call the method , but couldnt able to load the native libraries.
Also when i configure the QCJAR.jar will be available in the REferenced Libraries. When i look through inside not able to locate jacob dll. I can set the java.library.path to jacob dll located in the system directory
but i dont want to do this way. The newly created project with added jar QCJAR.jar shouold be able to locate the required jacob dll
How to acheive this?

Also System.loadLibrary() gives me exception UnsatisfiedLinkError

My question is only by including bundle native code header in manifest and export as runnable jar and in the generated jar all those dll will be bundled? Am i missing something

Re: bundle native code in mainfest not working [message #1708006 is a reply to message #1707983] Fri, 11 September 2015 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BJ Hargrave is currently offline BJ HargraveFriend
You need to set processor and osname to something that the OSGi framework will recognize. For example, the processor is way too specific. I would suggest x86 (since that is in the dll name). Of course this implies a 32-bit dll and so your Java VM will also need to be 32-bit. For osname, Windows 7 should be ok.
Re: bundle native code in mainfest not working [message #1708427 is a reply to message #1708006] Wed, 16 September 2015 12:18 Go to previous message
Yeshaswini HS is currently offline Yeshaswini HSFriend
Thank you for your suggestion,
same way i tried with
jacob-1.17-M3-x86.dll;osname=Windows 7;processor=x86

but still it is not working
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.equinox.security
Next Topic:Equinox servlet bridge invalid code according to Servlet 3.0 specifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:38:31 GMT 2024