Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Where is the SDK Manager Icon?!(Looking for the SDK manager icon)
Where is the SDK Manager Icon?! [message #1707615] Mon, 07 September 2015 23:30 Go to next message
Casey Cayce is currently offline Casey CayceFriend
Would someone please tell me where to activate the SDK Manager icon in the tool bar for Eclipse 4.5 (Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers)?

What is it with the Eclipse authors that with every iteration of Eclipse development, they have to hide the SDK Manager icon activator in an evermore difficult place to find? Every single time I update, it's a hair-pulling experience to locate the control to get that icon back on my tool bar. And none of online help matters because ALL of the items in the Customize Perspective panels are either renamed or scrambled around so nothing can be found and none of the solutions posted work any longer. It's like MicroSoft, where every time they upgrade an OS or app, they scatter everything into different places to create the illusion of having actually done something.

Starting to get the feeling Eclipse is doing the same thing.
Re: Where is the SDK Manager Icon?! [message #1707623 is a reply to message #1707615] Tue, 08 September 2015 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Here's a question: what SDK is it managing? What provides that feature? Do you have an screenshot from when it was there?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Where is the SDK Manager Icon?! [message #1707673 is a reply to message #1707623] Tue, 08 September 2015 13:12 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Are you talking about Android SDKs? If so, have you read the Announcement message at the top of this forum pertaining to Android?
Previous Topic:Where to go for assistance with CVS plugin
Next Topic:Unable to download Eclipse on my computer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:52:39 GMT 2024