Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » setup check error('Setup Check' error)
setup check error [message #1707600] Mon, 07 September 2015 19:04 Go to next message
Philip Sobolik is currently offline Philip SobolikFriend
I just upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't have Eclipse installed on the Windows 7 that I had. So, I installed Eclipse Mars (4.5), which should be the current version. When I run Eclipse and confirm the Workspace location, I get an error:
'Setup check' has encountered a problem.
An internal error occurred during: 'Setup check'.

Details:
An internal error occurred during: 'Setup check'.
index=0, size=0

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Re: setup check error [message #1707676 is a reply to message #1707600] Tue, 08 September 2015 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Are you using the Eclipse Installer (aka, Oomph)?
Re: setup check error [message #1707683 is a reply to message #1707676] Tue, 08 September 2015 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure how to use the Eclipse installer. The Windows 32-bit dowload is a zip file (eclipse-java-mars-R-win32.zip), which seems to be an image of the installed Eclipse. I just un-zipped it to the folder in the zip file in the root of my C: drive.

Re: setup check error [message #1707688 is a reply to message #1707683] Tue, 08 September 2015 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
OK, then you're not using the installer.
It might be related to this bug. Are you using a proxy?
Re: setup check error [message #1707699 is a reply to message #1707688] Tue, 08 September 2015 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not using a proxy. Windows 10 is setup to automatically detect proxy settings. Should I turn this off? The manual proxy is turned off.
Re: setup check error [message #1708403 is a reply to message #1707699] Wed, 16 September 2015 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graviravimas Lazeriu is currently offline Graviravimas LazeriuFriend
I have the same issue, how to solve that?
Re: setup check error [message #1712009 is a reply to message #1707688] Tue, 20 October 2015 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Calder is currently offline Bob CalderFriend
I have the same error message as the others.
When I pass the error window and open Eclipse, this message appears:
"No editor descriptor for id com.aptana.editor.php"
Is it looking for Php extensions I didn't install yet?

I am on OS X 10.11 and upgraded my Eclipse from Luna to Mars on the recommendation of an acquaintance who uses it daily on a Mac Air. I stupidly failed to ask him what version of OS X he's on.

I was previously using Aptana but decided to move back to Eclipse and installed PyDev.
I was hoping this was just a permissions problem that I had created.
Re: setup check error [message #1712026 is a reply to message #1712009] Tue, 20 October 2015 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

>"No editor descriptor for id com.aptana.editor.php"

Yes, it's very much expecting something to be installed that is not.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: setup check error [message #1712099 is a reply to message #1712026] Wed, 21 October 2015 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Calder is currently offline Bob CalderFriend
I think I need an uninstaller because of the Aptana I was using? Where does Mars get the list of things to look for? If it's inside the package, that's one thing. But if it's in the User directory somewhere, then it could be something from Aptana. (???)
BTW thank you for commenting.
Re: setup check error [message #1712160 is a reply to message #1707600] Wed, 21 October 2015 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Philip,

Sorry for the late reply but I didn't see your post in this general forum earlier.

The 'Setup check' job definitely comes from Oomph's Setup engine that's embedded into all Eclipse packages (regardless
of whether Oomph's Eclipse Installer was used or not). A while back we fixed an IndexOutOfBoundsException (see
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=435722 ), but that seemed to be in a different area. What version of
"Oomph Setup" is installed in your IDE? And what's the complete stack trace of that IndexOutOfBoundsException?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 08.09.2015 um 06:14 schrieb Philip Sobolik:
> I just upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't have Eclipse installed on the Windows 7 that I had. So, I installed Eclipse
> Mars (4.5), which should be the current version. When I run Eclipse and confirm the Workspace location, I get an error:
> 'Setup check' has encountered a problem.
> An internal error occurred during: 'Setup check'.
>
> Details:
> An internal error occurred during: 'Setup check'.
> index=0, size=0
>
> Anyone have any idea what this means?
>
>

Re: setup check error [message #1721111 is a reply to message #1707600] Sun, 24 January 2016 03:23 Go to previous message
Djinn Coyote is currently offline Djinn CoyoteFriend
I was getting the same error today as the original poster, on a Win8 machine after downloading and unzipping the latest "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" (Mars) package.

The workspace .log file showed several errors related to files not being found under "C:\Users\[UserName]\.eclipse" - and an .eclipse folder did not exist in that location.

So I tried starting Eclipse using the "Run as administrator" option, and this way it opens ok without any errors. The ".eclipse" folder was created.
Previous Topic:Got a question about Jar files
Next Topic:Cannot create information center web archive for tomcat 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:20:16 GMT 2024