Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4DIAC-IDE 1.7.2(Stock version giving errors in both Windows and Linux)
4DIAC-IDE 1.7.2 [message #1707398] Fri, 04 September 2015 13:18 Go to next message
Ole Carlsen is currently offline Ole CarlsenFriend
Hi
I have downloaded both Linux and Windows version for testing 4DIAC to see what this really is.
My main task was to have some of these demos up and running for a starter.

I'm able to have Xplus3 working but the other 3 demos give me errors like:
<Response ID="90" Reason="UNSUPPORTED_TYPE"/>
and
<Response ID="91" Reason="NO_SUCH_OBJECT">

As I have been able to search this seems to be due to missing src files? *.h and *.cpp

First I wouldn't expect that in the stock version and secondly it might be correct but where will I put the src files to have it working??

It might very well be my own lack of knowledge (nobody else seem to have this problem Embarrassed ) and perhaps the answer is within the help files but I haven't been able to find the right solution and I feel kind of stuck for now.

--
Ole
Re: 4DIAC-IDE 1.7.2 [message #1707660 is a reply to message #1707398] Tue, 08 September 2015 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Monika Wenger is currently offline Monika WengerFriend
Hi,

the Xplus3 example only uses function blocks contained within the type library of the runtime, whereas the other examples instantiate user defined function blocks. These user defined function blocks need to be compiled for the runtime as it is described within the 4diac help under tutorials / 4diac-ide / developing function blocks / Export an own FB. Maybe we will add the tutorials to the runtime as own activateable module within a future release.

Moni
Re: 4DIAC-IDE 1.7.2 [message #1708047 is a reply to message #1707660] Fri, 11 September 2015 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ole Carlsen is currently offline Ole CarlsenFriend
Hi Monika
Yes I found out be hmm reading the 4DIAC help a little more thoroughly. Perhaps it would be an idea to have a demoforte and a basic forte like you mention. I know personally that when I enter a new product I'm like a little kid and mostly just want to see what I can do with it which means running all demos I can find Smile

If I like what I see or see some potential in it I will most certainly dig deeper into it.
Re: 4DIAC-IDE 1.7.2 [message #1708363 is a reply to message #1708047] Tue, 15 September 2015 20:59 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Ole,

you are right for new users trying out things our approach is rather disturbing. In the other side it would also harm a little bit our tutorials. We'll give it a second thought.

Alois
Previous Topic:cyclic dependency in maven project
Next Topic:4DIAC Example Projects - Homepage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:21:25 GMT 2024