Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Yocto project - Remote debugging problem(Starting a remote debug session produce an error)
Yocto project - Remote debugging problem [message #1707350] Thu, 03 September 2015 21:43 Go to next message
Marc Samson is currently offline Marc SamsonFriend
Hi

I am a newcomer to Eclipse and Linux. I have made a Yocto SDK that I am using in Eclipse to build the demo HelloWorld app that will run on a remote board that has the image corresponding to the SDK I am using.

In my remote debug configuration I setup the target with the ip address and all the necessary info.

When I try to remote debug I get this message:
Launching HelloWorld_gdb_arm-poky-linux-gnueabi has encountered problem.
Error during file upload.
Operation failed. File system input or output error

The executable was properly copied to my target. If I go to my target I can run the executable that was copied.

What could be the problem?
thanks for any help.

Ms
Re: Yocto project - Remote debugging problem [message #1707405 is a reply to message #1707350] Fri, 04 September 2015 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
Hi,

After uploading the executable, CDT tries to change the permissions to make it executable. Maybe that step fails?
Either way, since you have the executable already, you can tell CDT to skip the upload by checking the appropriate box
in the main tab of your launch configuration. Be careful that if you recompile the binary on the host, you will have
to upload it again yourself.

Marc
Re: Yocto project - Remote debugging problem [message #1707938 is a reply to message #1707405] Thu, 10 September 2015 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Marc

I triedwhat you suggested.
I changed the permission manualy and I retried with skipping the copy. Now I have an other error.

Could not start gdbserver on the remote host.

But if I type on remote host "gdbserver --help"

I see the help for gdbserver so it is there.

On the console I have this
Last login: Tue Sep 8 18:43:54 2015 from msamson5
echo $PWD'>'
gdbserver :2345 /home/root;exit
root@nitrogen6x:~# echo $PWD'>'
/home/root>
root@nitrogen6x:~# gdbserver :2345 /home/root;exit
Process /home/root created; pid = 1016
Cannot exec /home/root: Permission denied.

Child exited with status 127
No program to debug. GDBserver exiting.
logout
Re: Yocto project - Remote debugging problem [message #1707941 is a reply to message #1707938] Thu, 10 September 2015 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Khouzam is currently offline Marc KhouzamFriend
It looks like gdbserver does not have the permissions to execute your binary which seems to be called /home/root
Make sure that file has executable permissions for the user that you use in your remote launch (your RSE connection prompted for a user/password at some point).

Marc
Re: Yocto project - Remote debugging problem [message #1707952 is a reply to message #1707941] Thu, 10 September 2015 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Marc

I found my error. I forgot to include the name of my executable in the remote absolute file path. Smile

Thanks for your help

Marc
Re: Yocto project - Remote debugging problem [message #1790630 is a reply to message #1707952] Wed, 13 June 2018 17:14 Go to previous message
zachar papkov is currently offline zachar papkovFriend
hi i have the same problem in remote debugging
failed upload file could you send me screen shot
Previous Topic:GNU Fortran
Next Topic:ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX - new
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:09:51 GMT 2024