Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing(Luna works fine, Mars is unusable)
Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing [message #1707349] Thu, 03 September 2015 20:59 Go to next message
Eben Haber is currently offline Eben HaberFriend
Hi,

Pardon me if this is the wrong place to post, I'm new to these forums.

I recently tried upgrading my Eclipse Java EE IDE (which I use for Java, Javascript/HTML, and Golang development) from Luna to Mars. This is on MacOS 10.10.5.

When I load in one project into Mars, the IDE gets hung on "Refreshing". It sits there for ages, preventing me from running my golang program, or even quitting eclipse.

Yet Luna works just fine without this problem. I've searched around the web and haven't seen anything that helps. Yet I know this problem is not just me - a colleague tried downloading Mars and saw the exact same behavior.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem (aside from just using Luna)?

Thank you,

-Eben
Re: Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing [message #1707390 is a reply to message #1707349] Fri, 04 September 2015 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Does this just happen with a specific Golang project? I assume you're using some third-party plugin to support Go; have you asked about compatibility with Mars on whatever support channel that plugin provides?
Re: Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing [message #1707427 is a reply to message #1707390] Fri, 04 September 2015 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned that I'm using GoClipse 0.12, which is supposed to be supported in Eclipse Mars.

One question: is there some place I can look to try and figure out what Eclipse is doing when it says, "Refreshing" but makes no progress?

Thanks,

-Eben
Re: Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing [message #1707433 is a reply to message #1707427] Fri, 04 September 2015 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 09/04/2015 10:22 AM, Eben Haber wrote:
> Hello, thanks for your reply.
>
> I should have mentioned that I'm using GoClipse 0.12, which is supposed
> to be supported in Eclipse Mars.
>
> One question: is there some place I can look to try and figure out what
> Eclipse is doing when it says, "Refreshing" but makes no progress?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Eben

As GoClipse isn't done by eclipse.org, you might be looking for help
from wherever Bruno Medeiros gives it, which is here apparently:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/goclipse
Re: Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing [message #1707440 is a reply to message #1707433] Fri, 04 September 2015 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can I tell if the problem is in Eclipse Mars or in GoClipse? (And I did post the question in the GoClipse group as well.) I would have thought that refreshing a project against the filesystem is an Eclipse function, which is why I started here.

Thanks,

-Eben
Re: Eclipse MARS spends forever refreshing [message #1707443 is a reply to message #1707440] Fri, 04 September 2015 18:08 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You might get some insight by generating a thread dump. See https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock#Getting_a_stack_trace_on_Windows
Previous Topic:Missing New project after Install
Next Topic:Re: Link DLL to C project for an embedded system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:45:57 GMT 2024