Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse, PHP, mySQL and WAMP Server(How to start using Eclipse to write PHP scripts )
Eclipse, PHP, mySQL and WAMP Server [message #1707219] Thu, 03 September 2015 07:30 Go to next message
Trevor Reeves is currently offline Trevor ReevesFriend
Hi all.

I'm brand new to Eclipse. I was using Zend Server + Studio + mySQL in a learning mode. But I'm trying to use Eclipse now my Zend trial period has elapsed.

I'm confused: how do I link Eclipse to WAMP Server and mySQL so that I can run PHP scripts? Is there something which explains how these components are brought together?

Thanks.
Re: Eclipse, PHP, mySQL and WAMP Server [message #1707308 is a reply to message #1707219] Thu, 03 September 2015 15:28 Go to previous message
Mark Dexter is currently offline Mark DexterFriend
In WAMP, you have your apache root folder (something like c:\wamp\www). I just make my eclipse workspace a folder under that (like c:\wamp\www\myworkspace). If you have an index.php file in a project called myproject (c:\wamp\www\myworkspace\myproject\index.php), your URL is localhost/myworkspace/myproject/index.php. Navigating to that URL will invoke that PHP file. How you connect to your MySQL db is just standard PHP at point. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.
Previous Topic:How to debug other file except index.php?
Next Topic:How to Edit Existing pdf using fpdf Library in PHP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:26:38 GMT 2024