Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » NullPointerException on ensureChunk
NullPointerException on ensureChunk [message #1707113] Wed, 02 September 2015 12:30 Go to next message
Stephane  fournier is currently offline Stephane fournierFriend
Hi,

Sometimes when different JVMs connect almost at the same time to my CDO Server (Mem based), I get this exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.ensureChunk(Repository.java:689)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.LoadChunkIndication.responding(LoadChunkIndication.java:99)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOServerIndication.responding(CDOServerIndication.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.doExtendedOutput(IndicationWithResponse.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:301)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.IndicationWithResponse.execute(IndicationWithResponse.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOServerReadIndication.execute(CDOServerReadIndication.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:256)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.run(Signal.java:149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

In fact in the LoadChunkIndication.responding method, the call to :
revisionManager.getRevisionByVersion(id, branchVersion,0 , true);

returns null that why the repository .ensureChunk(...) throws the NPE.

Reading this post https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/684348/ did not help to fix this.

I'm using CDO 4.3.1 version shipped with Luna Modeling SR1.

Thansk in advance for any help
Re: NullPointerException on ensureChunk [message #1707176 is a reply to message #1707113] Wed, 02 September 2015 19:52 Go to previous message
Stephane  fournier is currently offline Stephane fournierFriend
Finally, I figured out the issue : My CDO Server (Mem based), was set with a revision limit per CdoObject set to 1. It is not enough.

Default factory set this limit to unlimited that's not I want to ensure a reasonable memory footprint but one is not good at all.

I have to run some use cases to establish the appropriate value for my usage.

Stephane.
Previous Topic:Metamodel registration
Next Topic:EMF and equinox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:22:12 GMT 2024