Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » ACTF » ACTF aDesigner support for HTTP proxies(Help getting aDesigner to work in a company that uses a proxy to access the Internet)
ACTF aDesigner support for HTTP proxies [message #1706449] Wed, 26 August 2015 23:27 Go to next message
Jason Curnow is currently offline Jason CurnowFriend
I am trying to help an organization within my company install and configure aDesigner (v 1.0.0). In my company there is NO direct Internet connectivity - All requests to the Internet must go through a HTTP proxy. I've gone through aDesigner's menues looking for a way to pull in a HTTP proxy with no luck.

Can anyone help me setup aDesigner to get to the Internet via a HTTP proxy, preferably using a Proxy Auto Configuration (PAC) file? Thanks!
Re: ACTF aDesigner support for HTTP proxies [message #1706539 is a reply to message #1706449] Thu, 27 August 2015 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kentarou Fukuda is currently offline Kentarou FukudaFriend
Thank you for using aDesigner.

ACTF tools use Internet Explorer(IE) as a browser component.
It usually uses IE's settings, except for Flash accessibility mode.

Would you please configure http proxy in your IE's internet option and then launch aDesigner?

Best regards,
Kentarou
Re: ACTF aDesigner support for HTTP proxies [message #1706669 is a reply to message #1706539] Fri, 28 August 2015 14:35 Go to previous message
Jason Curnow is currently offline Jason CurnowFriend
Thank you for the response! We do have a HTTP proxy configuration in Internet Explorer and have no problem reaching the Internet from it. We use a PAC file in the browser. Do you know if this component can read a PAC file or if it needs a manually-set proxy?
Previous Topic:Using eclipse via screen reader
Next Topic:ACTF aDesigner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:33:24 GMT 2024