Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to get drop event in Eclipse RCP tableview cell?
How to get drop event in Eclipse RCP tableview cell? [message #1706366] Wed, 26 August 2015 09:57 Go to next message
Deepak Chhetri is currently offline Deepak ChhetriFriend
I am new to eclipse rcp and i was creating a table and a tree for drag and drop.

Tree will have list of nodes which can be drag and drop in table particular cell.

Drag and Drop does work fine but i am not able to drop the node text in particular cell of a table. Always it update the first column of the table.

Please if anyone have any idea of this.

Thanks in advance !!
Re: How to get drop event in Eclipse RCP tableview cell? [message #1706559 is a reply to message #1706366] Thu, 27 August 2015 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You're responsible for updating the cell contents. From the drop event, you get the TableItem (event.item). You can map the event's x,y to a particular cell following SWT Snippet3.
Re: How to get drop event in Eclipse RCP tableview cell? [message #1706608 is a reply to message #1706559] Fri, 28 August 2015 07:13 Go to previous message
Deepak Chhetri is currently offline Deepak ChhetriFriend
Thanks Brian for your quick reply. Smile

I tried the code snippet. In this example, I am able to get the location of cell by using mouse click. This I already tried and was working fine.
I got stuck with the drag and drop on the table. During drop on the table cell, I am not getting the cell location. Due to this I am unable to drop my item on a particular cell of table. The drop of item always happens in the cells of first column only.

I am also facing issue with the merging and splitting of table cells.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2015 07:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:RCP export for mac os
Next Topic:How do I change command's name show in toolbar programmatically in rcp?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:53:50 GMT 2024